Mom Confessions

Anonymous
ER Worthy?
by Anonymous
August 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Dd who is 9 was sent from school yesterday sick. She threw up. She said her stomach was hurting really bad and her head was pounding. She's home today still. Her lower back hurts, her lower abdomen hurts and her stomach hurts when she coughs. Her head is still pounding even after tylenol through out the night and this morning. Her eyes hurt. Moving them hurts. They also burn.

Replies

• LAXmom21
    August 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    Take her to the pediatrician not the ER.
  • dallascowboys82
    August 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    I would call her doctor to see if you can get her in now since its still early in the morning, they should have something open
  • elephantmamaof2
    August 27, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Call her ped, sounds like the flu though, my lower back KILLS me when I have the flu. Does she have a fever?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    August 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Call her ped, sounds like the flu though, my lower back KILLS me when I have the flu. Does she have a fever?

Not now since i gàve her Tylenol, but she has had low grad fever of 99.8
  • SageAdvice
    August 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Sounds like the Flu or a seasonal cold with body aches. . . If her fever isn't 104 I wouldn't do anything but fluids and Tylenol and heating pads for the aches.

• krazymom2boyz
    August 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Ped. for sure. IMO not time for the er.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    August 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Quoting LAXmom21:

Take her to the pediatrician not the ER.

Cant right now. Just moved to a different state waiting for our insurance to come in which should be any day now. I dont have cash to pay a doctor.
  • elephantmamaof2
    August 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Yea I'd just call the ped and try to get her in there, I think the back to school viruses are already starting- I'm sniffling and coughing today, and we just went back yesterday (boo). If worst comes to worst and the ped can't see her, perhaps an urgent care so you don't have to wait forever at the er. Hope she feels better!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Not now since i gàve her Tylenol, but she has had low grad fever of 99.8

• momof2boy2girl
    August 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Call her doctor. Not ER worthy unloess her pediatrician sends her. If the doctor can't get her in soon enough, go to an urgent care.

• Thelmama
    August 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I would call her doctor for a sick visit. I don't think it is ER level, but have her checked out by her doctor and then go from there based on what the doctor says.

Mom Confessions