Mom Confessions

Anonymous
In two weeks I sign custody of my kids away. ( please READ the POST )
by Anonymous
August 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Because I love them. There is a fine line between fighting for them, and fighting over them. I will not use my children as objects. As something to be drug to court every other month. They will grow up normal happy children because they are loved. And because I love them I am doing what is best right now for them. Two years ago I was a sahm. Raising my 3 beautiful girls. Today I get visitation. I pick them up from school on the days I'm off. They live 10 minutes from me. When I got divorced things were hard. I wasn't getting child support so I moved in with my boyfriend because I needed help. We didn't get married and that started a custody war. My children were placed in temp custody of my ex. I have spent the past few months overcoming severe depression a nervous breakdown and each day I am trying to feel normal again. My kids are very loved and cared for. Surrounded by family. I made the decision to sign away custody so they could keep their normal as much as possible. In two weeks I sign custody away and I will get a check for 9,000 in back child support. My kids will continue living their lives in what is considered our new normal. My ex and I are on ok terms after I pretty much surrendered. I will get open visitation. Any time I want to see them I can. I talk to them daily. Take them for ice cream after school. I love my kids so I'm not GIVING THEM UP. I'm GIVING THEM NORMAL AND HAPPINESS. I am confident in my decision, and I hope they understand some day.

EDIT TO CLARIFY- the papers will be signed at a COURTHOUSE with LAWYERS in front of a JUDGE. the papers will be on MY terms or i will not sign. this is voluntary to quit the fight.

the MONEY- i did not know about it until after we made this decision. i am not SELLING my kids. that will go to pay for me moving to a new house, and i start COLLEGE in january. i think his family came up with the idea with his lawyer so during this time i can go ahead and get my degrees.

its not my RIGHTS- its CUSTODY. i will have open visitation. i see them muliple times a week. and i will get weekends. i dont have to worry about them moving or thier father getting a new wife. hes not into that. hes...different. *i* filed for divorce. i left. he didnt leave me.

i really am doing whats best for them.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 25, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    I don't even know what to say. A mother not fighting for her children, it's very sad to me!
  • llohagen
    August 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    As long as you stay a consistant part of their lives good for you for trying to do your best by them.
  • ShellLea
    August 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I'm glad you were able to do what you needed to for your kids. Hugs and luck your way, mama!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Hugs Mama.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

No after you sign your rights away you cannot see them anytime you want. You are giving them up. How do you know your ex husband won't pull a jerk move and take the children completely away from you?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    Sounds like you are giving away your kids for $9k. Pathetic. Lets see how much you are actually "allowed" to see them after you sign away your rights. I would DIE before I willingly gave my babies away.
  • Mel0dy
    by Mel0dy

I would fight till my last breath for my DD. 

• Sassy762

Good Luck

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    The point is it was nothing but fighting. My kids being drug to 10 hour court sessions? That was severely painful.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even know what to say. A mother not fighting for her children, it's very sad to me!

• macbudsmom
    Glad they can have consistancy but there dad sounds very controlling verging on the edge of abusive... Are you sure this is in the kids' best interest???

Mom Confessions