Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Why people need internet including people on PA
by Anonymous
August 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I am not on pa but if i was i would still need internet and would pay for it if i had too.

My dd is in the 8th grade. a couple of her teacher do not hand out text book. they told all the students to look at the books online, when they do their homework. so yea sometimes you need internet.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    August 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

bump

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

You NEED food, clothing, shelter, water, that's it!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

anyone who's child gets free or reduced lunch could possibly qualify for deeply discounted internet and a 150 dollar lap top throught comcast.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Only in select area's. My DH lost his job and we looked into it and they do not offer it in our area.

Quoting Anonymous:

anyone who's child gets free or reduced lunch could possibly qualify for deeply discounted internet and a 150 dollar lap top throught comcast.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    August 24, 2013 at 8:59 PM

and if you want you child to learn in some cases you do need internet.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM

There are libraries and places you can go for free internet access, including the schools. Have your child stay afterschool and use the computers there if you must.

• thetrollcat
    August 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM

my job consists of the internet

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM

if they have comcast in your area, they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only in select area's. My DH lost his job and we looked into it and they do not offer it in our area.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    Library's free!
    Quoting Anonymous:

and if you want you child to learn in some cases you do need internet.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Val99
    by Val99
    August 24, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Funny, I made it through a PHD, my daughter made it through an MD, and my son made it through a DVM without home internet.  Libraries are great resources.  I'm sorry you feel like your 8th grader couldn't do what we did through advanced degrees.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am not on pa but if i was i would still need internet and would pay for it if i had too.

My dd is in the 8th grade. a couple of her teacher do not hand out text book. they told all the students to look at the books online, when they do their homework. so yea sometimes you need internet.

Mom Confessions