Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Cyber Babyshower!!!
by Anonymous
August 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Are you freaking kidding me?!?! Today I log onto Facebook and find a request for a cyber babyshower. This friend of ours moved half way across the country. Now they are inviting everyone to this thing. You basically say you will attend and send them gift cards, money, or presents. Have you ever been a part of something like this or even heard of such a thing? Would you participate in an event like this?

Just a little clarification. There will be no video chat or anything like that to share the moment. Just an invite to send gifts to them.

Replies

• AustinRonMommy
    August 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    I totally would. But most of my family is scattered across the states. And I did 'attend' a shower for my friend in Florida, I sent her a box of diapers.
  • pedritosmama
    August 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yeah...it actually sounds like a good idea.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    August 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM

really? I think it sounds like begging for gifts.

Quoting pedritosmama:

• BatMom.
    by BatMom.
    August 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
    It sounds like a great idea. A lot of people aren't close to friends or family to have them attend a special occasion such as a baby shower; thanks to the internet, it's possible, even from miles away.
  • crystalx
    August 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I moved a few states away from my family and when I was pregnant my mom said she wished she could throw me a shower so I drove 9 hours to attend my own shower..that might be kind of different tho. lol

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    August 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

yea.. at least they got to see you, spend time with you, and actually celebrate your baby. This is just them asking everyone at home to send gifts by mail. It isn't even their first baby.

Quoting crystalx:

I moved a few states away from my family and when I was pregnant my mom said she wished she could throw me a shower so I drove 9 hours to attend my own shower..that might be kind of different tho. lol

• JBiiirdD
    August 24, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    If it's that big of a stink, politely decline.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    Well then just send an empty card that says congrats scrooge

Quoting Anonymous:

really? I think it sounds like begging for gifts.

Quoting pedritosmama:

• KaylinC03

Online babyshowers are becoming more and more common, especially for those who have family and friends all over the country. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it but I would never have one. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I might do that for number 2, lol, i am far from my friends and family, and did not have one with ds.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts