Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN FEED MY CHILD!
by Anonymous
August 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Ok so our post now has this new health initiative.  I get it to an extent but no more pizza parties by the PTO or anything like that.

Now we are able to go in & eat lunch w/our kids.  My DH had off the today so we went & surprised our DD at school & took Subway w/us & sat at the tables provided for those eating lunch w/their kids.  Well one of the volunteer lunch mom's through a fit bc we brought in junk food (subway).  The principal ended up sending home a letter stating parents should refrain from bringing in pizza, subway, BK, McDs, Taco Bell, etc.

Look I get trying to promote healthy eating, though I think they are going a bit extreme with it. 

I also do not believe they should be able to tell me what I can & can not bring when I buy it w/my money.  It is a special thing for my child, doesn't happen often.  I don't care if I bring in BK or McD's, it is my choice.  Not to mention I personally think BK (I hate McDs) is probably healthier than the crap that they serve for lunches!

If they want to do a big health thing & get kids to eat healthier maybe they should look into what the hell they are serving for lunch!

I don't find it appropriate to tell me what I can & can't bring my daughter to eat.  What is next, pick through the lunchboxes?

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I just needed to vent!

Replies

• spooky415
    August 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
    I kind of agree that this stuff is going to far. i mean, i dont understand why they feel they can tell us what we can feed our kids!
  • lucky2Beeme
    August 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM

thats overboard on schools part,

• nyxiemist
    August 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM

So a sandwich with veggies on it is junk food?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    August 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I guess so.

My DD gets her's on wheat bread, she has ham & turkey, cucumbers, spinach & tomato on it along w/vinegar.  Sounds horrible huh? lol

Quoting nyxiemist:

So a sandwich with veggies on it is junk food?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I totally agree with you. Subway can be a decent meal with the apple slices and all that.

The shit that they serve for school lunch? It's chicken nuggets, fries, pizza...They shouldn't get up in a huff about McD's!

• MrsRussell1025
    August 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    I would be pissed too. I would understand their point if you had brought the whole class happy meals, but this was a treat for your child alone. You have every right to feed your child what you want school grounds or not. Do they send home a letter home to all the parents who pack chips, pudding, candy, etc in lunch boxes?
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    August 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    What the hell is wrong with Subway?
  • Sj218
    by Sj218
    Did you only bring cookies and Cheetos from Subway? I mean, really....if you're going to bring in lunch, what the hell are you supposed to bring?
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

LOL. Sorry I find it funny that people get so upset over one meal. Of course I am that mom that lets my dd drink soda. It is diet soda, but it is soda. Drives most moms crazy - I don't care. They know nothing of our eating habits, situation, or health issues.

And most juices - even healthy ones - have to much sugar in them for anyone to be drinking besides a diabetic with low blood sugars.

• victoria1971
    August 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    I think it has to do with making other kids jealous. There is no way a fresh sandwich can be called junk compared to the school lunch that is served such as pizza and nachos.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts