Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Our society penalizes the wrong people constantly and no one seems to notice the trend.
by Anonymous
August 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM

1. People making a lifestyle out of PA sit around watching day time TV and have their needs met for them, often while receive money under the table for something. Meanwhile, hard working tax payers are clipping coupons, sacrificing and seeing half their pay checks gone to taxes, insurance (which keeps going up thanks to those who don't pay for their medical care). And people who are financially well off are villainized for making good decisions that paid off. (How dare they work hard and make good decisions?!)

2. People who use proper grammar are made fun of for sounding uppity.

3. People who always look nice are accused of being superficial.

4. People who are extremely organized are accused of being OCD or anal.

5. Parents who put the time and effort into creating structure and consistency for their kids are called "rigid".

6. People with clean, organized, attractive homes are also accused of being "rigid" or not "living" in their homes.

7. People who set high standards are accused of being snobby. Mediocrity and average is acceptable, but nothing above.

This is a trend I've noticed. Just thought I'd point it out.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM

sigh.  Good luck with this. 

• Mrs.Kubalabuku
    August 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I was honestly thinking the same thing when I saw the "Bento lunches make me roll my eyes" post.  Why are loving Moms who take the time to do something special for/with their child automatically deemed overbearing or stupid?  Do something special for the kids, you're overbearing and need a life.

• Mommysmadae
    August 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I agree with you. It's sad as a society we have lower standards than ever before. Used to what you said were the norm now it's made fun of by the losers who are to lazy to carry themselves that way.

• ninjakids
    August 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    I've noticed a trend too...
    1.)People who are on pa who struggle everyday to find employment and stress about how they will pay their bills being accused of being lazy.
    2.)If a persons house is not spotless and has toys all over they are lazy.
    3.)Parents who understand that sometimes you just need to be relaxed and go with the flow will have bad kids.
    4.)People who don't feel the need to overly dress up for simple trips to the store are slobs.

just a few things i noticed.

**oh and
    5.)ladies who are overweight obviously never work out and diet etc and are really just lazy because they could not lose weight...i mean someone else's body lost weight doing those things they should too.
    6.)feeding yours kids even just one happy meal a month will make them obese and have diabetes.
  • JBiiirdD
    August 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    Well, I think the Bento boxes are a bit much but that's just me. I "fit the mold" in other areas. lol

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I was honestly thinking the same thing when I saw the "Bento lunches make me roll my eyes" post.  Why are loving Moms who take the time to do something special for/with their child automatically deemed overbearing or stupid?  Do something special for the kids, you're overbearing and need a life.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM

we get it, your perfect, not a snob or rigid at all. No problem, you need to understand that not everyone that collects some for of PA is a moocher, lazy, unmotivated or taking advantage,

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    August 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM

LOL. True society does do this. However, I learned a long time ago to not care what others think:) So I do try to use proper grammar (obviously not always successful); I try to look nice; I am anal or CDO (prefer the alphabetical order); I am a rigid parent (dd thrives on structure and consistency, as most kids do) and I do try to set practical standards - some high some average depending on the individual and the situation.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    August 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM

You're correct. However, not doing the things you mentioned does not automatically a bad parent. (With the exception of the PA. Not saying that people on PA are bad parents, but if they are literally doing NOTHING to improve their situation, they are.)

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    August 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I agree and was thinking the same thing. I don't understand why they are questioning the time management or efforts of another mother. 

It's as though mother's are content with doing the bare minimum for their children and anyone who dare put an in level of extra effort are vilified or berated. I don't understand how extra effort can bring such negativity. 

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

• Mommysmadae
    August 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    She said those that take advantage not all.
    Quoting Anonymous:

we get it, your perfect, not a snob or rigid at all. No problem, you need to understand that not everyone that collects some for of PA is a moocher, lazy, unmotivated or taking advantage,

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN