Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
eblstanford03
iPad or Windows tablet
August 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I am going back to school and am debating on whether or not I want an ipad or a windows tablet. I am not a big fan of Apple but if it is good & worth what I will spend then I will get it. I will be using it for taking notes in class and will most likely put educational apps on it for my 2 girls, 1 of which has Asperger Syndrome.
Which tablet?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 54% - iPad
  2. 16% - Windows
  3. 29% - Other

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    August 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Maybe I'm old school but I find my ipad ridiculously uncomfortable to do extended typing on (and I bought an after market keyboard that goes with it that I never need use for $85 lol). Other than that I LOVE my ipad though.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM
    iPad. I use mine for school. the wolfram alpha app is awesome.
  • balagan_imma
    August 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I have an iPad and love it. DS1 has a mini and loves it too. I haven't looked at the windows tablet at all, so I can't compare. But DS1 is our resident computer guru and said he'd never get a windows tablet (and he does have a PC computer, so it's not apple vs pc bias.)

My 13 yr. old DD has a Kindle Fire HD and really likes it. I don't know about using it for notes, but she does read on it and had a math textbook last year as well.

• TurtleMomma82
    August 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I use an iPad and I like it.  

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    I chose other. I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 and LOVE it. I hate Apple products though.....
  • eblstanford03
    August 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Bump
  • Rbrown72707
    August 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I find the Ipad cumbersome.  It has too many limitations. I'd die if I didn't have a laptop for school.  IMO, It's worth the extra expense.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    August 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I'm going into my 4th yr of school (Child and Youth Worker, Developmental Service Worker and Autism and Behavioural Sciences) this September and the college I go to has started to go to all mobile learning....no actual books....so now I have to get an ipad, but I was wondering the same thing.

• twade26
    by twade26
    August 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM

If you are using it as more of a substitute laptop, I would get a windows tablet. I have an iPad and I hate lugging my laptop to class but the iPad doesn't have Microsoft office but the windows tablet does. I'm actually thinking of buying one myself for that reason. I have too many books to carry around campus to add in my laptop but I really need my laptop. I think the Microsoft one is the best of both worlds, tablet and pc.

• mrswillie
    August 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    I have a Dell that runs Windows 8. I did buy the keyboard for extended use, but I detached it for travel. I love it. I had to go with this because I wanted the Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Powerpoint.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN