Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
eblstanford03
iPad or Windows tablet
August 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I am going back to school and am debating on whether or not I want an ipad or a windows tablet. I am not a big fan of Apple but if it is good & worth what I will spend then I will get it. I will be using it for taking notes in class and will most likely put educational apps on it for my 2 girls, 1 of which has Asperger Syndrome.
Which tablet?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 54% - iPad
  2. 16% - Windows
  3. 29% - Other

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 17, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Maybe I'm old school but I find my ipad ridiculously uncomfortable to do extended typing on (and I bought an after market keyboard that goes with it that I never need use for $85 lol). Other than that I LOVE my ipad though.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM
    iPad. I use mine for school. the wolfram alpha app is awesome.
  • balagan_imma
    August 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I have an iPad and love it. DS1 has a mini and loves it too. I haven't looked at the windows tablet at all, so I can't compare. But DS1 is our resident computer guru and said he'd never get a windows tablet (and he does have a PC computer, so it's not apple vs pc bias.)

My 13 yr. old DD has a Kindle Fire HD and really likes it. I don't know about using it for notes, but she does read on it and had a math textbook last year as well.

• TurtleMomma82
    August 17, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I use an iPad and I like it.  

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    I chose other. I have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 and LOVE it. I hate Apple products though.....
  • eblstanford03
    August 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    Bump
  • Rbrown72707
    August 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I find the Ipad cumbersome.  It has too many limitations. I'd die if I didn't have a laptop for school.  IMO, It's worth the extra expense.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I'm going into my 4th yr of school (Child and Youth Worker, Developmental Service Worker and Autism and Behavioural Sciences) this September and the college I go to has started to go to all mobile learning....no actual books....so now I have to get an ipad, but I was wondering the same thing.

• twade26
    by twade26
    August 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM

If you are using it as more of a substitute laptop, I would get a windows tablet. I have an iPad and I hate lugging my laptop to class but the iPad doesn't have Microsoft office but the windows tablet does. I'm actually thinking of buying one myself for that reason. I have too many books to carry around campus to add in my laptop but I really need my laptop. I think the Microsoft one is the best of both worlds, tablet and pc.

• mrswillie
    August 17, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    I have a Dell that runs Windows 8. I did buy the keyboard for extended use, but I detached it for travel. I love it. I had to go with this because I wanted the Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Powerpoint.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts