Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Welcome back to school, here are some germs for you!
by Anonymous
August 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
The two oldest kids started school Monday and yesterday i noticed my 5 year old was sniffling and lo and behold we all woke up with colds this morning. Fun stuff. 4 kids and 2 adults with a cold.

Replies

• SpiritFortress
    August 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I always hated that about school! 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Germ Central

school is one of the dirtiest places children could go

• SpiritFortress
    August 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Hey, maybe give them a vitamin C supplement from now until spring to help ward off all that crap. I use Emergen-C and it works really well for me but I'm not sure about using it for children. You could check into that though. 

• Kmary
    by Kmary
    August 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM

That's right.  Build up that immune system and make it stronger!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    August 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    I know its inevitable that they will get sick. I was just hoping it would take longer, lol.

Quoting Kmary:

• christina0607
    August 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Well you know thats why it's called the common cold...it's you know, common.

It's very possible they caught the cold before they even went to school anyway. 

• aphrodite7400
    August 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM

happens every year to us too!  colds are better than getting a stomach virus or flu though....  lol  :)

• Kmary
    by Kmary
    August 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I agree it was quite fast!  Hope it passes quickly for you all!

Quoting Anonymous:

I know its inevitable that they will get sick. I was just hoping it would take longer, lol.

Quoting Kmary:

• SWEET737
    August 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM

GET SOME BLACK ELDERBERRY SYRUP TO BUILD UP YOUR FAMILY'S IMMUNE SYSTEM. YOU CAN FIND IT AT YOUR LOCAL DRUG STORES OR ORDER IT FROM AMAZON, I BUY THE ONE MADE BY SAMBUCOL. AND ALSO GOGGLE " WHAT IS HONEY AND CINNAMON GOOD FOR. YOU WILL BE SURPRISE. LAST WEEK I WOKE UP WITH A SLIGHTLY SORE THROAT SO I PUT SOME CINNAMON IN WATER AND HEATED IT AND THEN I ADDED THE HONEY(I DON'T HEAT THE HONEY BECAUSE IT LOSES IT STRENGTH). I MIXED AND DRUNK IT. LATER ON THAT DAY I REALIZE MY SORE THROAT WAS GONE. BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND I PRAY YOU ALL FEEL MUCH BETTER.

• honeyrder
    August 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    I took the kids for checkups and shots a week before school started, and I have been sick since then. Doctor's offices are the germiest places. The kids aren't sick, though, maybe because of the shots.

Mom Confessions