Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Why do you women think other women can't be friends with married men?
by Anonymous
August 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Is it because of insecurities? Or what? If my best guy friend got married I don't think we shouldn't be friends because of that.

Most of you women won't admit you are insecure about your husbands being friends with females and its really sad.

Replies

• i_am_no_1
    August 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I don't quite know. My dh just says he doesn't really like to deal with women because they're all bitches, lol.

I make friends with men much easier, personally.

• Kerannmer
    August 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I think it's fine to be friends with a married man. I have lots of married man-friends, and my husband has married-women friends. We also have single friends of the opposite sex. But...it's an issue when said friend starts confiding in you about wanting to leave his wife, he doesn't love her, etc...it's time to remind him of the boundries or back away.

• jenerica.
    August 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I get it.  Sometimes women are bitches.  One of my hubby's best friends is a woman.  They have been friends for over 20 years.  And even after all these years, she STILL makes comments like she knows him better than I do.  She STILL says shit about his preferences, like big boobs and that kind of shit, when I have A's.  It can be infuriating.  SOME women can't take that kind of shit from their hubby's girl-friends.  Lucky for my husband, I'm not SOME women.  :)  But like I said, I get it....even though I choose to overlook it.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    August 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM
    I see that side. But I've had my male friend come to me for advice about his girlfriend because he didn't know what to do. I simply told him you can either choose to work things out and overlook the negative or you can choose to leave. Personally I would rather my so to talk to a female friend then some random female.

Quoting Kerannmer:

I think it's fine to be friends with a married man. I have lots of married man-friends, and my husband has married-women friends. We also have single friends of the opposite sex. But...it's an issue when said friend starts confiding in you about wanting to leave his wife, he doesn't love her, etc...it's time to remind him of the boundries or back away.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I think it's a slippery slope. 

• DanaG70
    by DanaG70
    August 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I don't know, my husband has quite a few female friends, single and married. I don't bat an eye.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 15, 2013 at 12:28 AM
    Because he has ME to confide in. Once u open ur heart to the opposite sex and it isn't u spouse, trouble can find its way in. I'm the only women he confides in, laughs with, thinks about, calls. Me and only me. If he did that with someone else yes, he could be swayed to have a relationship with her, emotionally or physically. A risk I wont LET him take . I have no guy friends and he has no women friends. Period, the end, that's all!
  • Apollos82
    August 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    I don't think the friendships are wrong, but often the boundaries or parameters are not appropriate so as to be respectful of the spouse and the marriage. People don't have good, healthy boundaries these days...
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    August 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    I was willing to sacrifice friendships with the opposite sex for my husband and I don't regret it. If your best friend thought a friendship with the opposite sex would cause strain on his marriage, he would not hesitate to drop you. He didn't make vows to you but he did to her
  • LiesLiesLies
    August 15, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    Insecurity on my part? No.

I just think it opens way too many doors. I have been hit on and far worse by married "friends". I just don't want to put myself in that situation anymore...because no matter what *I* will be the bad guy. It's easier for women to accept it that way.

Can they be Facebook friends? Couple friends? Get together as group friends? Sure. Can they be private dinners, movies, frequent texting friends? No. Not in my opinion.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN