Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
At NICE restaurants
by Anonymous
August 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Have you ever been annoyed by other peoples loud/crying children while out to dinner? Have you ever complained to the manager about these loud children? Have you ever said anything to the parents?

Now, have YOU been that parent with the loud child at a nice restaurant asked to leave or quit your child down?

Another post got me thinking.

Replies

• Roxygurl
    August 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    Yup I've been annoyed by children screaming or running around.

I've never been asked to leave because I'm strict in a restaurant and the kids know how to act. There has been a couple of times I've had to leave early because I've had a fussy kid but I wasn't asked to leave, I just knew it wasn't fair for the others around me to listen to a baby cry so we left.
  • elliotmommytobe
    August 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    Ive never been that parent cause my son is very calm. I dont complain or get annoyed I feel bad for the parents and wish I could helpvthem out without looking like a creep
  • SweetPea2004
    August 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM

If the resturant does not have a kids menu or changing station it is not for kids. 

• NotTheirMom99
    August 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I have never complained, just felt bad for them because I know it happens.  

• Pastalove
    August 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I've gotten up and moved to another table.  I don't think that's rude, I'm making the sacrifice and moving.  Did the same thing at church too.  Couldn't take it anymore and moved to the other side of the church permanently.  No law saying I have to endure a tantrum, etc...  just to be nice.  I'm being nice by keeping quiet and moving.  

• thenameshailie

I dont take my kids to fancy restaurants. I mean I do take the oldest because she is old enough to know better, but I wouldnt take a three year old. Yeah I dont want any annoyances when I am paying a boat load of money for a meal. If my kids misbehave at a fancy place or even McDonalds, we leave. I wouldnt ask anyone else to leave or complain though.

• KaylinC03
    When my son was about 5 months old he became really fussy in the middle of a nice restaurant for my grand parents anniversary dinner, so we left early.

He's now 2, and we eat out about once a week (and go to upscale restaurants about twice a month) and our son is totally used to it and we haven't had a problem since.

However- I have been pretty annoyed by other crying/screaming kids in fancy restaurants before but I have never complained or said anything as I know what it's like to be a parent.
  • Foleygirl24
    August 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I don't bring my kid to nice restaurants, he's 3, he doesn't belong there. If he acts up in a regular restaurant we take him out or we leave. But DS is usually good, I think he's only really misbehaved once in a restaurant and he was under 2 at the time.

I did have an old couple ask to move across the diner away from us because we had a child at our table. DS hadn't so much as made a peep and was sitting at the table coloring nicely. The couple then proceeded to give us dirty looks and make comments about DS throughout our whole meal. I could never figure out why, because DS was behaving and was quiet the whole meal (the waitress even complimented us on how good he was being). That couple certainly ruined our meal though. Maybe I should have complained about them!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I have a friend that has two children and her kids are awful in restaurants.  She requests that their food be brought out right away and by the time her food comes out, her kids are done and are ready to leave and the rest of the night is ruined for them.  I don't know why she does that but she is one of those moms that her way is the only way.  

• zoegirlsmom
    August 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

The noise is less annoying than when parents let them run around. I've never complained, but I have wanted to trip a brat or two.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts