Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Restaurant kicked me out because of my son!
by Anonymous
August 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM

My husband's step mother chose a fancy restaurant for her birthday dinner. We went tonight and it was going well, and my 3 year old son was behaving.

The food took a long time to arrive (around 45 minutes), and my son started to get antsy. When he got his food, he took one bite and then started to cry about wanting to go home. My tactic when he gets into these moods is to ignore him, because he usually stops pretty quickly. He was having a little meltdown for no more than 5 minutes when the restaurant manager came over and said we needed to "remove him" until he was quiet and that his "volume" was "unacceptable" and that other patrons were complaining. 

I was taken aback because yes, he was being a little loud, but he was starting to quiet down, and having a stranger come over and say he needed to leave upset him. We ended up all leaving because it ruined the mood.

Would you call back tomorrow and ask to speak to the owner about this?

Replies

• prdmama1154
    August 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    No. Control your child.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Nope. I would have taken my child out as soon as the fit started.
  • mommyof11050307
    While I completely understand ignoring his tantrum 100% i did with my kids. There is a time and place for ignoring them and at an up scale restaurant is not one of them.
  • angevil53
    August 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    Speak to the owner about your kid being a nuisance in a nice restaurant? Um ok...
  • Kerannmer
    August 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM

No. Just because you ignore him when he's having a tantrum doesn't mean other (paying) patrons should have to, also. You should have taken him elsewhere when he started to "get loud".

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

No, if it's a fancy restaurant, the patrons have a reasonable expectation of quiet and peace. Control your kid, and quit griping.

• Gabeys_Mommy
    I honestly wouldn't want to hear a child cry for a solid minute, much less five minutes in a restaurant.
  • MrsRussell1025
    No. When my children misbehave in a public place (mainly a restaurant) i take them to the restroom. Nobody wants to hear that when trying to enjoy their meal.
  • justpeachy71904
    I actually agree. I think there is a time and a place to do the "ignore the kid" thing. A public place is not it.

People are paying to eat there and enjoy themselves and you were sort of ruining that :-(

Sorry
  • cherryblosso883

It is hard for a hungry 3 year old to wait that long for food.Maybe next time order a small appetizer so he does not get antzy.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN