Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
married for ten years...............what are the chances?ETA
by Anonymous
August 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM

how many of you were married for ten years or more and ended up divorced? why?

ETA...my 18 year old sister asked me yesterday if me and dh were going to go the distance since everyone she knows is divorced. i simply answered yes. we are committed to our marriage and making it work. we married young but always make our marriage a priority. just thought i would give a little background on why the post was made. we have been married longer than anyone in our families.

Replies

• alexsmomaubrys2
    August 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM

DH and I have been married for just over 10 years. We are extremely happy and will never get divorced. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    August 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    Me. Will be married for 10 years this fall. Getting a divorce. Our marriage had been going downhill for a while. I have begged for counseling (both marriage and for him personally). I went to counseling myself and have been fighting for 5 yrs. I am just done fighting.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    August 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Haven't hit 10 years married yet. That will be 2015. We celebrated 11 years together though this year.

• CjEmmemommy
    August 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Not personally but its a huge fear of mine because as a teen, almost ALL of my friends parents divorced! It seemed like once the youngest was around 12 or so they just gave up. All married well over 10 years!

My own parents divorced when I was 18 and my brother 13. My Dad was cheating so its not like they just gave up but clearly he gave up. I can name 3 tops facebook friends that have married parents that are their parents from birth. Its very sad and I wonder how I can stop that in my marriage...

• lanceandhailey
    August 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

We have been married 11 years the 22nd of this month and together 13 years on Dec. 2nd. Still doing great soo far lol

• momto3infl
    August 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

no and refuse to divorce we dont believe in it-we will work on anything we need to keep marriage going.

• csxt99
    by csxt99
    August 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I didn't manage ten years between both husbands.  However, I have been with my current fellow for fourteen years.

• Hot_Badonkadonk
    August 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Married 9 years this October and I don't see a divorce in our future. 

• Roxygurl
    August 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    My parents were married 20 years before they divorced.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    August 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM

We're at 35 years and counting.  At this point, I don't see divorce happening 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN