Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Pregnant and vomiting blood???? (Gross but someone please help.)
by Anonymous
July 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I'm 15 weeks 5 days pregnant. I'm a type one diabetic.

I haven't had a lot of vomiting. However I've lost 15 lbs.

This morning at 4 am I woke up with a horrible pain in my stomach. I thought I needed to use the bathroom.

I ended up vomiting. Vomiting for 4 hours straight. I basically had to sit on the bathroom floor and every 5-10 minutes I'd vomit. It wasn't large amounts. But it didn't come up easy. It would get stuck in my throat and gag me. I tried drinking water and that came up almost immediately. The vomit like a dark tan. And the more I'd vomit the more I'd notice the red slimy stuff in my vomit. I wasn't sure but to me it looked like blood. And id have a weird metalic taste in my mouth. And all the vomit was complete liquid. The last things I and eaten was some chicken alfredo at dinner.

At 8:00 I called my doctor because I wasn't sure if the red stuff in my vomit was a normal thing or something to be concerned about.

All the nurse told me was to focus on liquids like Gatorade, and sprite. And that if I wasn't keeping any liquids down by morning then I'd have to go to the hospital and be put on an IV for fluids. She said shed fax a prescription over to the pharmacy that would help with the vomiting.

Im still not sure if its normal.

I've kept about half of my fluids down so far. I haven't kept any food down at all. And I still don't know if this is normal.

I also have dhiarria. (Which I told her about .)

My stomach feels horrible. Every time I move I hurt. And every time I bend down I feel like vomiting again (last 3 times I did vomit....)

Does anyone know If this is normal??

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    Bump
  • Mrs.Kubalabuku
    July 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Red blood indicates esophagus damage, which can be caused by heavy vomitting.  If it looks like coffee grounds, then you have internal bleeding and need to go to the ER right away.  I'd try to follow the nurses advice.  But if it gets worse or your instincts tell you to go to teh hospital, just go.

• katielovesyou21
    July 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

go to the er asap.

• billiejo79
    July 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I am sure the nurse knows what she is talking about. I would follow my gut though. If you think that something isn't right call the Dr.s office and insist on being seen or go to the hospital.

• kiddycat73
    July 30, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    This

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Red blood indicates esophagus damage, which can be caused by heavy vomitting.  If it looks like coffee grounds, then you have internal bleeding and need to go to the ER right away.  I'd try to follow the nurses advice.  But if it gets worse or your instincts tell you to go to teh hospital, just go.

• art.diva
    July 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    If its bright red and streaky, and your throat hurts, then you're fine (this is coming from someone who threw up for the entirety of two pregnancies).
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    If you have violent vomiting for a prolonged period of time it is not abnormal for your throat to get irritated. You might see streaks of blood from this irritation. More than a cups worth at a time or dark blood that looks like coffee grounds would suggest a bigger problem.
  • LOVEZOEY
    July 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I know what these other ladies are saying is true, but I'd probably have a cow and be at the hospital assuring myself that I was dying.... lmao.

• Anonymous
    July 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    The blood is red, slimy and in little clumps and some streaks. my throat doesmt hurt unless im vomitting and i think thats because of it getting stuck in my throat.

Quoting art.diva:

If its bright red and streaky, and your throat hurts, then you're fine (this is coming from someone who threw up for the entirety of two pregnancies).

• Anonymous
    July 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    I hate hospitals. hate them. hate them. hate them.

Quoting LOVEZOEY:

I know what these other ladies are saying is true, but I'd probably have a cow and be at the hospital assuring myself that I was dying.... lmao.

Mom Confessions