Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
DD had to take a trip to ER & I cant sleep *Update*
by Anonymous
July 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I called DH at work tonight and asked him to come home and take our DD to the ER while I stay w/ the other kids. The reason behind the visit is she is 6 almost 7 and today she started complaining of her neck hurting. I didn't think much of it till dinner time she said she had a head ache and didn't want to eat dinner. She climbed up on the couch w/ me to watch a movie half way through she fell asleep. When she woke up after about 45 mins or so she was all moopy and about 3 hours later she started throwing up. My friend was over and told me to be watchful of her sypmtoms because my daughter has been complaining a lot about head aches lately and that is a sign of meningitis. So sure enough I google it and her sypmtoms do suggest that. So I finally got ahold of DH on his lunch break and he aggreed we rather be safe then sorry especially since my baby girl doesn't feel good. I'm trying to rest since I have to be at work tomorrow but how do I do that when one of my babies don't feel good and there isn't much I can do right now.

Update -  They said her lymph nodes were swollen and her throat is really red.  They did a strep culture and the quick one came back negative but they said they were gonna let it "cook" more in the incubator but that they were sure she has it for how swollen her lymph nods were and how red her throat was.  They said the neck soreness is common when you have it.  The hospital said they would call if once it was done it turned out to be something different but they don't think it will they said it was the start of strep.  I am gonna keep a close eye on her.  If she complains of her neck and what not hurting again I am gonna call her Dr...  The ER Dr also told my DH to tell me to quit googling crap.  This is the first time I have fell victim to it but that is because I have only heard about it and I wanted to know more about it since someone close to me said it.

Replies

• tiniowien
    July 30, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I ad a friend die from that..his was from bad strep and pneumonia that also morphed into meningitis 

• mommy1008
    July 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM
    Please keep us updated!! Sending prayers!
  • crumpy_gat
    No.
    July 30, 2013 at 2:50 AM
    Possible meningitis is one of the reasons we have ERs. Not everyone is willing to risk their child's life m'kay.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh dear god, I hope you actaully pay for your visit...it really could have waited for a doc appt

• crumpy_gat
    No.
    July 30, 2013 at 2:51 AM
    Hope she's okay op
  • mcghee05
    July 30, 2013 at 2:51 AM
    I hope everything comes back ok sending prayers for your little one!
  • MallorysMom07
    July 30, 2013 at 2:56 AM
    I hope she is okay. It is the worst feeling in the world when your kids don't feel good.
  • JKronrod
    July 30, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Believe me, children can get migraines (apparently, they've even seen babies in the womb with migraines).  My son, who is 6, gets them, with the vomiting, extreme pain, sleepiness, etc.  -- although fortunately it's not frequent.  It runs in both my family and in my husband's family, and my ds got the short straw genetically speaking. 

As horrible as migraines are, they aren't life threatening, so if you don't get the best scenario (a fluke headache or random, benign virus), I hope that it's  just that she inherited migraines.  I'll be thinking good  thoughts. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I have migraines I've just never heard of a child getting them and then my friend saying that kinda freaked me out... Once again thank you

• horseap
    by horseap
    July 30, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    Quoting melakay1981:

Things like this is the reason I told her to make sure that hospital does not blow her off and make sure she has a CT scan done before she leaves that hospital.

Quoting MommaGirl1207:

I hope your DD is okay. I'm really paranoid when it comes to getting headaches/migraines frequently.
    I started to get a lot of headaches that progressed into migraines when I was 12yrs old. A CT scan with contrast showed that I had 2 cranial arteriovenous malformations (sort of like a brain aneurysm) that were close to bursting.
    Luckly they were caught in time and they were taken care of.

How has Amber been feeling lately? Excited for school? I follow her FB page and the courage and strength your DD has is amazing! What she has been through makes me get stop whining about the little things in my life and focus on my children and husband.
  • sheramom4
    July 30, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

oh dear god, I hope you actaully pay for your visit...it really could have waited for a doc appt

I am very anti-ER (none of my kids have needed to go in years) but I will not mess with a stiff neck combined with a headache and general ill feeling. If urgent care isn't open, I would take them to the ER immediately. 

And even if it is a migraine, the ER can give her some relief. 

• melakay1981
    July 30, 2013 at 3:15 AM

She is doing Amazing :) We just got back from camping a few hrs ago, she was pretty tired so I imagine she will sleep in tomorrow.  She is so excited to go back to school lol she is completely different than I was.  It is nice to hear that Amber's story had such an impact on you, it makes it worth the time I have into getting her story out there.  That makes me feel really good, thank you

Quoting horseap:

Quoting melakay1981:

Things like this is the reason I told her to make sure that hospital does not blow her off and make sure she has a CT scan done before she leaves that hospital.

Quoting MommaGirl1207:

I hope your DD is okay. I'm really paranoid when it comes to getting headaches/migraines frequently.
    I started to get a lot of headaches that progressed into migraines when I was 12yrs old. A CT scan with contrast showed that I had 2 cranial arteriovenous malformations (sort of like a brain aneurysm) that were close to bursting.
    Luckly they were caught in time and they were taken care of.

How has Amber been feeling lately? Excited for school? I follow her FB page and the courage and strength your DD has is amazing! What she has been through makes me get stop whining about the little things in my life and focus on my children and husband.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN