Mom Confessions

Anonymous
DD had to take a trip to ER & I cant sleep *Update*
by Anonymous
July 30, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I called DH at work tonight and asked him to come home and take our DD to the ER while I stay w/ the other kids. The reason behind the visit is she is 6 almost 7 and today she started complaining of her neck hurting. I didn't think much of it till dinner time she said she had a head ache and didn't want to eat dinner. She climbed up on the couch w/ me to watch a movie half way through she fell asleep. When she woke up after about 45 mins or so she was all moopy and about 3 hours later she started throwing up. My friend was over and told me to be watchful of her sypmtoms because my daughter has been complaining a lot about head aches lately and that is a sign of meningitis. So sure enough I google it and her sypmtoms do suggest that. So I finally got ahold of DH on his lunch break and he aggreed we rather be safe then sorry especially since my baby girl doesn't feel good. I'm trying to rest since I have to be at work tomorrow but how do I do that when one of my babies don't feel good and there isn't much I can do right now.

Update -  They said her lymph nodes were swollen and her throat is really red.  They did a strep culture and the quick one came back negative but they said they were gonna let it "cook" more in the incubator but that they were sure she has it for how swollen her lymph nods were and how red her throat was.  They said the neck soreness is common when you have it.  The hospital said they would call if once it was done it turned out to be something different but they don't think it will they said it was the start of strep.  I am gonna keep a close eye on her.  If she complains of her neck and what not hurting again I am gonna call her Dr...  The ER Dr also told my DH to tell me to quit googling crap.  This is the first time I have fell victim to it but that is because I have only heard about it and I wanted to know more about it since someone close to me said it.

Replies

• mousesmommy5610
    July 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Awe sad i hope its just a migraine... my brother used to get those as a young child and i remeber him throwing up and stuff it was sad.... but know DH and the DRs are there to take care of her, just call him and ask if shes ok and what has been said etc.. talk to her IF possible. then text him on and off, maybe take a hot shower and watch a boring show to doze off. keep ur phone near by and up on high..... i sorry mamas i hope shes ok let me know ill keep her in my thoughts and you as well!!!!

• kameronsmommy08
    July 30, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    Hugs. Hope she is ok.
  • mismaggie
    July 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM
    Hugs mama, I hope it's just a virus
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM
    Thank you. I have migraines I've just never heard of a child getting them and then my friend saying that kinda freaked me out... Once again thank you
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 30, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    Praying for your dd. Hope everything is ok.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 30, 2013 at 2:16 AM

oh dear god, I hope you actaully pay for your visit...it really could have waited for a doc appt

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM
    I would have hsd dh stay with the other kids and I would have taken her to the er. I hope your dd is ok.
  • Fordprefect
    July 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM

(((hugs))) I hope it's not meningitis. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 30, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    Not with possible meningitis. It can kill you and fast if not treated promptly! I am a stickler for not going to the er for bullshit, but this is not bullshit!

Quoting Anonymous:

oh dear god, I hope you actaully pay for your visit...it really could have waited for a doc appt

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 30, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    My older sis had those symptoms and did have menengitis. She was a bit older, since I was about 10 at the time. All these years later, I'll never look at a stiff neck and headache the same.

She was just fine btw. Sick for what seemed like a long time, but was probably only a week.

Mom Confessions