Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
spooky415
Library Card Drama
July 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Not really.

Hiw old are your kidd and do they have their own library card?

In my county they have a special card for youngsters. We're taking my son today because he's done so good taking care of his room and things (we wanted him to be good with that so he didnt damage the library books) and he's going to check out his first books!!

Replies

• theosgirl45
    July 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM

She is 5 and no.  We have a bunch of kids books and have only rented some from the library once or twice.  I am sure that is about to change because she starts kindergarten this year.

• B1Bomber
    July 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I can't wait till ds is old enough for his :)

• Momtogirls0823
    July 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

They are 7 and 9 and yes they do.  They've had theirs for a while now.  Of course, dh works for the library here so that makes a difference.  They also do summer reading club every year.  They LOVE getting books from the library!  We make sure they are well taken care of, of course.  :)

• spooky415
    July 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    We're also doing the summer reading program (its almost over though).

I'm so excited for him!

Quoting B1Bomber:

I can't wait till ds is old enough for his :)

• spooky415
    July 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    We're doing the summer reading club too

I love our library system.

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

They are 7 and 9 and yes they do.  They've had theirs for a while now.  Of course, dh works for the library here so that makes a difference.  They also do summer reading club every year.  They LOVE getting books from the library!  We make sure they are well taken care of, of course.  :)

• Logan_Bellasmom
    July 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM

12 and 6 and no they don't have one and they have never been to the public library.

• aidyns_mommy
    July 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    5. He got his when he was 3.
  • kbutton24
    July 24, 2013 at 12:01 PM

We have one card for the entire family. 

• Pnukey
    by Pnukey
    July 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

They each got one in elementary school, but we do not use theirs. We all just use mine because that way I only have to keep track of 1 card.

EDIT: Your title made me giggle trying to figure out how a library card could possibly cause drama. :D

• AnHpuresugar
    July 24, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Five and seven.  They both got their card for the first time this summer.  It is required at my daughter's school.  They do their own research and use the computer to access the public library system.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN