Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I need to make some friends who aren't broke!!!!!!
by Anonymous
July 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Dh and I ended up going to college, getting good jobs, and do very well for ourselves.
We have quite a bit of disposable income each month.

I love my friends I've had since high school, but none of them really followed the path I did. They're always broke. We still have girls nights where we just get together, talk and make a couple drinks at someone's house. But that's usually all they can afford to do.

There's a concert I want to go to tonight. Dh has to work and none of my friends can afford to go with me. I offered to buy the tickets, but then they need money for dinner and gas to get here. (I live about a half hour away from my hometown).

I have a hard time meeting people at work that I can go out with because they're all 20+ years older than me and mostly guys!

So what can I do?? Neither of the kids are in kindergarten yet. We moved to this town about a year ago, and I feel like I haven't met anyone!

Replies

• sunrisekn
    July 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Go by yourself! Have a little "you" time.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    I hate going most places alone :( I would be surrounded by people every second if I could...

I have gotten to where I like to go to movies my myself though! It's much more relaxing

Quoting sunrisekn:

Go by yourself! Have a little "you" time.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    Where do you live? I feel the same as you, lol.
  • la-cosa-nostra

im with you, my friends can never do anything, i need some friends to hang out with but they are always too busy, or cant afford it, or whatever. i only ever hang out with my fiance and my kids 

• Nicoleb9
    Join a country club or start spending time at higher end places.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

it sucks that everyone you know made poor choices.  Honestly, I don't have the problem where I live.  Most are doing OK and can afford to go out, at least once in a while.

• sunrisekn
    July 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I understand, I don't like the thought of going places on my own but once I'm there, I am learning to just enjoy my time. 

If you go tonight, this might be your opportunity to meet some other people. New friends that can afford the extras. You never know.

--sorry, I thought I quoted 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    I live in southern Indiana. We're not Millionaires or anything. But geeze. When my friends say they can't afford to go to Olive Garden for lunch, I don't get it! Hell, I can get soup and salad cheaper than a meal at McDonald's.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where do you live? I feel the same as you, lol.
  • vboatner
    July 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Have you looked for mom groups in your area? Or looked on CM for moms around your area? My problem is not friends having no money, it is them not realizing that I cannot just drop everything to go do something with them like I could 8 years ago. They do not realize that my family and children come above all else.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    Well I'm sorry. My friends all say they are broke as well... Instead of going out to lunch we do lunch at each others houses and take turns at each others house. Makes for a great time :) we bash things like mil and sil and can laugh.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts