Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
April620
What time do your kids go to bed?
July 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
My daughter is just about 10 months. She still cosleeps, once in awhile we will put her in her crib to start but she usually ends up back in our bed by about 1 or 2 am. She doesn't fall asleep until about 10pm, which I suppose is probably our fault because of the cosleeping. I've read most babies by 10 months go to bed by 7 or 8 and sleep all the way through the night. Not our baby, she has a bottle at about 9:30, sleeps til 1:30, has another bottle, back to sleep til 4:30 - another bottle then maybe 2-3 hours more sleep and up by 7:30am. I don't know how to get her to sleep through the night. We do some finger foods for lunch and dinner but she mainly just gets bottles. My husband thinks she need 8oz bottles but she's always full after 5-6oz. I just want her to sleep through the night. I feel like her schedule is off from everyone else's I've seen online, like she doesn't nap until 11am and then her second nap isn't until 3:30 or 4pm. I try to get her down earlier but she doesn't want to. Did you have routines or schedules for your babies? What were they like?

Replies

• skittlebeans88
    July 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    My dd is 19 months and is always in bed by 830.
    She has dinner in between 630-7 and bath by 730-745.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    What? 10 months and still eating during the night???
    Are you feeding her enough during the day?
    There's no need for that.
    I'm not trying to be a rude bitch... Really.
    She's to old for that. Break that habit as soon as possible.
  • Anonandon
    July 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    The baby is around 7, my 2 year old goes around 9.
  • starlight91
    July 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM

when they want to.

• CrimsonRose01
    July 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM

My kids (3 and 1) both go to bed at 8, sometimes 8:30. My three year old doesn't nap anymore, my one year old goes down from noon until about 3:30. They have both always slept in their crib, we didn't co-sleep with either of them so I have no advice for getting her to sleep on her own. 

• GhettoKoolAide
    July 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    I'm sorry but if she's only eating 5-6 oz you need to keep feeding her when she needs to.

Don't force her to overeat because you want sleep or to conform to what society says.

My son bed shares and he goes to bed whenever. I've tried set bed times but it doesn't work.
  • cbk_mom3
    July 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Considering mine are 29, 26, and 19, pretty much whenever they want to. LOL.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I wish my experience could help, but I didn't co-sleep.  I have 4 kids ages 11, 9, 8 and 7.  They began sleeping through the night at 8 weeks, 11 weeks, 9 weeks and 10 weeks.  The last 2 kids had their cribs in our room for the first few months, but none co-slept.  I did it by stretching out the feeding times. The first one just kind I'd started sleeping through the night on her own (but I woke up to pump due to engorgement).  Since I knew that one could sleep through the night, I helped my other three along.  When the baby would wake and start to fuss a bit, instead of immediately jumping up and feeding, I started to wait a few seconds longer...and then longer...and then longer.  I never had a hysterical baby (I never let them really cry).  However, it did ge them to learn to put themselves back to sleep if they wake at night.  I gave them a big bottle at bedtime and another upon waking.  Typically, I put them to bed around 7:30 and they woke between 7 and 7:30.  None of my kids lost weight during this transition, either.  In fact, they continued on their growth curves.

Good luck!

*edit- baby's 2-3 were not primarily breasted.  I started having various problems with each child that led me to have to use bottles. 

• Benjamins-mama
    July 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM

my 4 and 2 year old boys go to bed at 7 and sleep til 6

• sunrisekn
    July 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM

My ds is 7 and he puts himself to sleep between 800-900 pm. He gives me and dh a smooch and off he goes to sleep.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts