Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
I_RitShainbows
Are you poor? Do you still give?
July 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Both DH and I are disabled and I am a full time student. We don't have very much money and live on a fixed income.

With that being said my son has no idea of how little money we have. My mom got him a $75 season pass to Story Land in NH. We take him for 50 cent ice cream cones at Burger King. He will have an ice cream at McDonalds and use the play area. We also go to the park a lot. He has had a lot of things to do this summer.

We still find a way to give to people who have less than us.

If you are poor and would like to help you can donate many gently used items to homeless shelters, donate used toys in good condition to a state funded daycare program, or simply just give a homeless person on the side of the road a few bucks or get them a cheap meal. Also it's always a good idea to walk around a city in the winter with blankets that are no longer being used and hand them out. If you knit or crochet project Linus will take handmade blankets for donation to children in need.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    July 20, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    I do. Not much, but we do what we can.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    July 20, 2013 at 6:32 PM

As much as we can. No matter how bad off we are, I know there is always someone in a worse situation.

• I_RitShainbows
    July 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    Same here
    People seem to think poor people are horrid for some reason. In fact I've seen it the other way around. Everyone I know who has money doesn't donate to anything. The ones I know also seem to have a holier than thou stick shoved up their ass. These are just my personal experiences though. I know not everyone is like them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do. Not much, but we do what we can.

• MrsDavidB25
    July 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM

We are not poor and we also don't donate much aside from dropping of our out grown clothes at the Goodwill.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    July 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I'm poor and I still give. A few dollars when and where I can afford it, I give clothes in good condition, toys that have been gently used, things like that.

• Mrs.Torres2566
    July 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM

We aren't poor, but definately believe in giving to those less fortunate. 

• NorseGodessMom
    July 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I think of Good Will as a revolving door...

if that makes sence...

• Dzyre1115
    July 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM

BUMP.....these are great suggestions, thank you for sharing!

We also love the $0.50 BK cone on a hot day :)

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    We give! I think it teaches good morals. We give what we can when we can.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5

I am poor i do donate our old clothes because i have had to use the the goodwill myself from time to time. as far as giving money i usually use my better judgement on that. I tend not to do it because i worry that they will use it for beer. but i have from time to time. one time I was at a store and a homeless man asked me for a $1 for something eat at first i wasn't going to give it to him but my 13 year old dd beg me to help him out so i gave him $5.

we live in florida so the winter isn't much of an issue for us.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts