Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm Pregnant. I'm old. I'm tired. I don't want to be. Help.
by Anonymous
July 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Please try not to judge. I'm 37 and have a 7 month old baby and a 2.6 year old. I love my children. I would want more-- if I were 25. I have a physical condition that causes me a lot of pain, fatigue and strife. I am just devastated. I'm exhausted and can barely handle the kids I've got. I am against abortion but now I find myself in this awful position. I was on a very low dose birth control that has evidently failed. I just missed my period. What would you do? Please don't suggest adoption because if I'm going to carry a child I wouldn't give it up. I'm just so depressed. Please help.

UPDATE!!!! Aunt Flo showed up!! I would have put money on being pregs. All I can say is THANK GOD!! Now it's time for permanent bcp!!

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    July 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    Like walking around inside a giant condom?

Quoting Anonymous:

there are other forms honey.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used bc. Learn how to read.

Quoting Anonymous:

how about birth control. seriously, you are a 37 yr old basket case acting 17.

• Anonymous 29
    by Anonymous 29
    July 16, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    I feel for you, I do.

I am 37 and have had my tubes tied for 6 years. If I don't start tomorrow, I will be testing Thursday. This is ridiculous. Lol
  • Anonymous 1
    July 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    Yes, lupies do miscarry frequently, making children, especially 5 such a blessing. I'm sure your cousin (who sounds amazingly brave to handle 5 :) can attest to how hard it is to live with lupus. I also have ra and man, together they kick my ass. Add cancer to it and wow, what a party! (Not) the meds I take make me so sick and my hair fall out, but they are making it so I can live to see my kids grow up. If I were pregnant, I couldn't take them. I really should have been sterilized, but it was a money issue. But I will not wait, I'm going to get fixed ASAP. Good luck to your cousin!

Quoting codfish:

I have a cousin with lupus. She found out at 39 they were expecting #5. They were a bit shocked and scared. She miscarried before the second trimester. It made them realize their family wasn't done and she had baby 5 (pregnancy #6) at 41.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have lupus and have been diagnosed with a type of treatable cancer.

Quoting kimmaylove013:

May I ask what your condition is?

Quoting Anonymous:

Please try not to judge. I'm 37 and have a 7 month old baby and a 2.6 year old. I love my children. I would want more-- if I were 25. I have a physical condition that causes me a lot of pain, fatigue and strife. I am just devastated. I'm exhausted and can barely handle the kids I've got. I am against abortion but now I find myself in this awful position. I was on a very low dose birth control that has evidently failed. I just missed my period. What would you do? Please don't suggest adoption because if I'm going to carry a child I wouldn't give it up. I'm just so depressed. Please help.

• Anonymous 1
    July 16, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    Seriously! You would think no eggs want to hang out in my miserable body. Wasn't fertility supposed to decline? I've never been so fertile!

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel for you, I do.

I am 37 and have had my tubes tied for 6 years. If I don't start tomorrow, I will be testing Thursday. This is ridiculous. Lol

• codfish
    by codfish
    July 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    She is one of those amazing women with an incredible amount of love and patience. I know it is hard, but look at the blessing of a new life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, lupies do miscarry frequently, making children, especially 5 such a blessing. I'm sure your cousin (who sounds amazingly brave to handle 5 :) can attest to how hard it is to live with lupus. I also have ra and man, together they kick my ass. Add cancer to it and wow, what a party! (Not) the meds I take make me so sick and my hair fall out, but they are making it so I can live to see my kids grow up. If I were pregnant, I couldn't take them. I really should have been sterilized, but it was a money issue. But I will not wait, I'm going to get fixed ASAP. Good luck to your cousin!

Quoting codfish:

I have a cousin with lupus. She found out at 39 they were expecting #5. They were a bit shocked and scared. She miscarried before the second trimester. It made them realize their family wasn't done and she had baby 5 (pregnancy #6) at 41.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have lupus and have been diagnosed with a type of treatable cancer.

Quoting kimmaylove013:

May I ask what your condition is?

Quoting Anonymous:

• codfish
    by codfish
    July 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    Thanks...this made me laugh!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Like walking around inside a giant condom?

Quoting Anonymous:

there are other forms honey.

Quoting Anonymous:

I used bc. Learn how to read.

Quoting Anonymous:

how about birth control. seriously, you are a 37 yr old basket case acting 17.

• Anonymous 29
    by Anonymous 29
    July 16, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    You would think.

I gave the world five more people. No more for me.

I had my tubes tied in 2007 and had a miscarriage in 2010. I begged for a hysterectomy after that and nope.

I will be praying for both of us. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously! You would think no eggs want to hang out in my miserable body. Wasn't fertility supposed to decline? I've never been so fertile!

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel for you, I do.

• Anonymous 1
    July 16, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    For the record I keep staring at my BFN think a scary line will pop up any second, lol. Will test again in the AM praying it is still bfn....
  • TexanMomOf6
    July 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM

If you lived close by I could be gma to all of the babys.

Perhaps you are jumping the gun and aren't pregnant. If you are not, please consider your birth control.

I hope you can find a way to feel better through all this.

• inspain
    by inspain
    July 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM

See a shrink for what appears to be depression.

I had DD1 at 35 and I felt great.  I had DD2, almost 9 months ago, at 47.  I have to tell you, I had more energy with this pregnancy than even the first and I feel great.  Yeah, I need reading glasses to to make out what it says on the baby's iron supplements, but I'm more energetic than ever.  

I think the real issue may be (aside from your condition) that you have such young kids, so close together.  I'd probably feel crap and overwhelmed too if I had two so small and one on the way.  

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN