Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I spank the kids I babysit for ...... and the parents....UPDATE TO CLEAR UP A FEW THINGS
by Anonymous
July 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Update: I had alot of the same questions so here are a few answers...I am not licensed as I am not required to be in the state I live in...it is only illegal to spank children if you are licensed, I have consulted an attorney. Out of the five children in my care two have been here for three years, two have been here for two years and one has been here a year and a half. I have these children for 50 to 70 hours a week, most weekends, sometimes overnight, and often work 6 to 7 days a week. I got lucky having today off. If these children are going to spend that much time with my family then I am going to treat them like family. I have them when they are sick so their parents dont have to take time off work, I have taken them to appointments, and I take them to do fun things like the movies, swimming, the park, museums, and zoos. Of the five children I have only spanked the two that have been here for three years. The last time I spanked one of them it was two weeks ago and that was actually done because his mother told me to...he threw a metal car at his little brothers head and cut it open. His brother hasnt been spanked in several months. So no I am not an angry violent person who wants to spank small children. I am a person who provides care in an environment where the children are treated as my own are. I attend these kids birthday parties, spend time with them and their families just as they spend time with mine. I know all of the parents fairly well and dont hesitate to call,text, or email them and let them know that their child has acted up and what the punishment has been. We are all working to together to raise happy, healthy, well behaved kids.

know about it and accept it. I run a small inhome daycare. I only accept five children at a time. I cater to those parents that work long hours, have low income, and dont have anyone else to rely on. I have a very low turnover rate and rarely have any openings. I make it very clear in my ad and during the interview that I am a strict disciplinarian who believes in corporal punishment when need, respect of elders, manners, and being kind to others. If the parent that I am interviewing doesnt have the same parenting style as myself then I let them know right away that I dont think it will work out. I dont use spanking for a first time offense or even a second offense and not for every little thing. It has to be something major. I will lay the child across my knees and swat their bottom three times with my hand. I  do not spank any child under the age of two or anyone past the kindergarten age. I have all of the parents sign a release and agreement form for this type of punishment. I let the parents know that I treat their child just as I do my own. I hug them, play with them, cuddle them, comfort them, teach them, and discipline them just as if they were mine. I am very reliable and honest and have never had an issue with a parent in the five years that I have been doing childcare in my home.  I usually have a waiting list a year long and rarely need to advertise due to word of mouth. So would you leave your child in my care?

Would you take your child to a daycare that spanked them?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 19% - Yes
  2. 60% - No
  3. 19% - You are crazy

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM

b

• bowribbonmama
    July 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    No
  • sfigu16
    by sfigu16
    July 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Bump!
  • acbbsmama
    No way.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    If you spanked my kids, I would beat you to death
  • piratehooker
    July 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    I would kill you. Lay a hand on my kid and you will die.
  • brettsmomma

Ya. Never. I actually can not believe there are people out there who would approve of this. Im all for spanking your own kid if thats what you think you need to do but to actually give permisson for someone else to do it is c.r.a.z.y.

• Mommy2b2many
    Um... No... I don't plan on spanking my own child. And I would never allow a babysitter to do so. If those parents want to allow that; fine. I personally wouldn't even be okay with my parents or best friend spanking my child.
  • cateringtomel
    July 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    Now you go anon?
    Anyway your crazy.
    I would flip if some day care lady spanked my kids!
    It is not in your place to spank my child
    Contact or not
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    I think that either you're a troll. Or the parents who are bringing their kids to you are crazy; or really really really desperate

Mom Confessions