Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I wanted a girl so bad!!!
by Anonymous
July 9, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I'm 26 weeks pregnant and I have a son already, I wanted a girl my whole life. Due to high risk pregnancies and wanting to homeschool we decided we aren't having any more.
I prayed and prayed that this was a girl, I wanted a little girl to dress up, do her hair, etc.
I found out this is a boy...

I am actually excited! I realized that I won't have to deal with a prissy little girl, periods, matted up hair, etc. I'll be able to take my boss camping without hearing how gross the bugs are! Call me crazy but I'm ecstatic!!!

Replies

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    July 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM

This all just sounds like a bunch of gender stereotypes to make you feel better.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM
    That's how my nieces are, they hate getting dirty and they have horrible attitudes. My nephews are more laid back and easy going.

Quoting PEEK05:

This all just sounds like a bunch of gender stereotypes to make you feel better.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    I'm glad you're ok with it. :)
    You hear of some moms getting depressions or actually resenting the kid.
  • laineysmum
    July 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    Quoting PEEK05:

GMAFB. Take your shitty attitude elsewhere. Your comments are neither valid nor useful in any way.

OP that's an awesome realization. I had similar feelings when I first wanted a boy, prayed for a boy, planned for a boy and ended up with a girl. Glad we're both happy with what we've got!

ETA in case this blows up, I'm kind of a hormonal wreck today, and I basically comforted myself the same way op did soooooooo methinks I got a little defensive :S

• ardan85
    by ardan85
    July 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    Maybe you will get some Granddaughters ! That will be extra special! Congrats on your new little one!!!
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    July 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quoting laineysmum:

Quoting PEEK05:

GMAFB. Take your shitty attitude elsewhere. Your comments are neither valid nor useful in any way.

OP that's an awesome realization. I had similar feelings when I first wanted a boy, prayed for a boy, planned for a boy and ended up with a girl. Glad we're both happy with what we've got!

LOL someone got offended.  OP handled my response much better, lol.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I have a daughter who loves bugs and getting dirty and one of my boys hates that stuff. Lol

• kaycersmom
    Having boys is awesome!
  • MrsDavidB25
    July 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM

It's fun having brothers!

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    July 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I think it varies by child.  In your experience, my children are like that too.  Well, my 4 year old doesn't have a horrible attitude, but she is a little wild at times.  She just has so much energy and wants to know everything about everything.  My son is so laid back and easy-going.

However, the opposite is true for my nieces/nephews.  My nephews are freaking crazy and are allowed to throw all sorts of temper tantrums, even at 3 and 5 years old! Everything is done THEIR way, with WHATEVER they want! They are VERY hard to be around. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

That's how my nieces are, they hate getting dirty and they have horrible attitudes. My nephews are more laid back and easy going.

Quoting PEEK05:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts