Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you EXPECT inheritance money? Help settle a debate.....
by Anonymous
July 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Help me settle a debate.....

If your grandparents passed away and left money to your family, by way of your parents, would you expect to be given a portion of that money? So as a grandchild there was no amount left to you specifically.

Example.....your grandmother passes away (grandfather died years ago) she leaves a total of approximately $800k. In her will it states all monies will be divided equally between her children for them and their families. The grandmother has 4 children, one of which is your father. Would you expect your father to divide some of the $200k between you and your siblings?

Hey I made front page!! I should debate with my friend more often!

Replies

• RMB2011
    by RMB2011
    July 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    Nope. The only the I expect as inheratance is debt.
  • IWantOneMorePlz
    July 8, 2013 at 11:01 PM

No, grandma left that money to dad.  Dad can spend or divide that money as he wants.  

• Bigmetalchicken

I would not. My parents and grandparents don't owe me anything.   

• rachellaree20

No, but none of my grandparents had much money when they passed.  Enough to pay for funeral costs but aside from that, nothing much.

• sandra_t00
    No. Only a greedy asshole would
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    I meant in the situation I provided. Not if everyone is getting an inheritance personally......I am debating this with a friend of mine.

Quoting RMB2011:

Nope. The only the I expect as inheratance is debt.

• AubreeGrace17

No, it was set to be given to him so why would he give me any? If he did, that would be awesome but I would not get greedy and expect it.

• inspain
    by inspain

No.

It's his money, not mine.

Now, that said, my father died when I was 23.  So, when my grandfather died, the thought of inheritance never crossed my mind.  I was more than surprised when my grandfather's will provided for my father's portion to go directly to me.  

• New.OrleansLady
    If it states for them and their families then to honor the wishes it should be. Divided evenly among the children. The children can decided what to give the grand children.
  • km1970
    by km1970

Not at all. I wouldn't expect anything.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts