Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
store credit card?
by Anonymous
July 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Somehow, I've managed to still have no credit at 24. I guess it's better to have no credit than bad credit. I want to build it up but don't want to take out a loan from my bank. The idea of a loan makes me all panicky. So what about a store credit card? Like Target? Does anyone have one? What are the interest rates? Is it a horrible idea? I really want to start building my credit.

Replies

• 3xangel
    by 3xangel
    July 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    I would just get a $500 credit card from my bank, buy gas, and pay it off every month
  • Mommie_2_Boys
    July 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    I did a $1000 loan from my bank. Paid it monthly for 2 years. I have great credit finally
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    This. It's what I started doing at 18. My credit score in now over 800.

Quoting 3xangel:

I would just get a $500 credit card from my bank, buy gas, and pay it off every month
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

I don't think you can get a Target card with no credit history.

• Sondi7
    by Sondi7

I would do this as well. This is actually howi built my credit when I was 18. I used it for small things and paid it off monthly.

Quoting 3xangel:

• 3xangel
    by 3xangel
    July 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    Mmm hmm. That's exactly how I built up my credit too.

Quoting Sondi7:

I would do this as well. This is actually howi built my credit when I was 18. I used it for small things and paid it off monthly.

Quoting 3xangel:

• Foolynroo2
    July 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM

whatever credit card you get, pay it off every month and the interest rate is moot.

I would get a card with no annual fee though, so it literally will not cost you a dime to  have a credit card.

With no credit you aren't getting a loan or CC with a low interest rate, so just bite the bullet, but pay it of each and every month.

If you are not in the position to do that, then don't get a card.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    July 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    I asked my bank about that and they said they don't do that and they never heard of it. :S They do line of credit on your checking but you have to have a certain credit score.

Quoting 3xangel:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    July 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    I don't want to be paying something off for a year or more. It makes me feel uncomfortable. Idk how to explain it.

Quoting Mommie_2_Boys:

I did a $1000 loan from my bank. Paid it monthly for 2 years. I have great credit finally
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    July 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    Whatever you do do NOT pay it off monthly. Leave a balance, a small one is fine, but you build credit by showing that you can responsibly carry debt. Even if it is $10, carry a balance.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN