Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I have been formula feeding ds for 5yrs!!!
by Anonymous
July 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Yup! Ds just turned 5 and is still on formula! Oh he eats regular food too, but I can't take him off formula. It has too many good nutrients in it for him that his body needs!

This is true. But my ds is fed formula via a feeding tube. He has a lot of food allergies requiring he be on a special hypoallergenic formula. He eats some regular food but not enough to sustain himself. He gets 100% of his needed nutrition from formula and any foods he eats is just bonus calories/nutrients for him. He's on his feeding tube 24hrs a day. I'm a mom grateful for formula. It's what keeps my son alive.

Replies

• zeenah
    by zeenah
    July 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM

ummmmmm I've got nothing...

• calvinsmommy18
    July 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM
    You do what you have to do.
  • kaylaybaby666
    July 7, 2013 at 12:51 AM
    Poor baby
  • Toxic.Stardust
    July 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Reading your first paragraph I thought you were making fun of those who do extended breastfeeding.

I'm sorry though that your son is hooked up to a feeding tube, that has to be difficult, and probably expensive

• FlyingHottie
    July 7, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I take care of my moms feeding tube during the week. 

What formula is he on?

• TwinkleStars918
    July 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I am so sorry.

My son has what I thought was an excessive amount of food allergies, and then I heard about children like this.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    July 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    No, more making fun of those who mock extended bfers. It is a lot of work and I so hate it!! I thought if I ever had to mix formula this long I'd have at least 3-4 kids. But we only have the one and won't have more biological children cuz drs believe he has a genetic issue. It is expensive but insurance picks it up thank heavens. I look forward to the day he gets off powdered formula and upgrades to one that is premade! Shoot, I look forward to the day he's off it completely!

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

Reading your first paragraph I thought you were making fun of those who do extended breastfeeding.

I'm sorry though that your son is hooked up to a feeding tube, that has to be difficult, and probably expensive

• Anonandon
    July 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    Do the doctors have any idea when that day may be? (When he's off it for good)

Quoting Anonymous:

No, more making fun of those who mock extended bfers. It is a lot of work and I so hate it!! I thought if I ever had to mix formula this long I'd have at least 3-4 kids. But we only have the one and won't have more biological children cuz drs believe he has a genetic issue. It is expensive but insurance picks it up thank heavens. I look forward to the day he gets off powdered formula and upgrades to one that is premade! Shoot, I look forward to the day he's off it completely!

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    July 7, 2013 at 12:59 AM
    Elecare Jr. Vanilla

My mom got a gtube too but hers is to decompress her stomach. She has cancer and the tumors are strangling her gi tract. Totally sucks. But my son and her are "bonding" over it. He thinks its neat they match.

Quoting FlyingHottie:

I take care of my moms feeding tube during the week. 

What formula is he on?

• wolfybaby
    July 7, 2013 at 1:01 AM

this is what formula is meant for. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts