Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
2 is more than enough!
by Anonymous
July 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I have been waiting for years to be able to get my tubes tied. Every year my obgyn says that I am too young and that I should wait (I'm 29 now btw). I changed doctors 3 times, but I was never able to find an OB who would do it for me. Finally, I have approval. I went for my pap smear today and we discussed it with a highly recommended obgyn. I told him that I have known since I was a teen that I only wanted two kids. I have two kids, my youngest is 5 years old now. I am terrified that I will become pregnant. I am VERY furtile, as are all the woman in my family. I always use two forms of birth control, but the fear is always there. 

I love my kids more than words can express, but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle more kids. I want to be able to devote my time and energy to the kids I aready have. And I never want to put into a situation where I would have to decide what to do about an unwanted pregancy.

I hope everything goes well. He said I can have it done in two weeks. So here is my confession: I am more excited to have this done than I have been for anything else in my life (besides having my babies). I can't wait! 

Replies

• emandab
    by emandab
    July 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM

There is nothing wrong with knowing what you want and can handle. Sometimes getting it is the bitch lol.  Me, I have two kids, I'm on the fence about another one.  Not ready to permanently shut down the factory just yet lol.

• IFartGlitter
    July 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    How are you getting it done in two weeks? You have to wait 30 days after signing the consent forms...
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Quoting IFartGlitter:

How are you getting it done in two weeks? You have to wait 30 days after signing the consent forms...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    Glad you found someone to do it. No one will give me one since I'm only 21 with 1 child, so DH got snipped instead.

I wish you a safe procedure and a speedy recovery!
  • Mommy2b2many
    July 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    Good luck! Glad you found someone who would do it! My ob won't do one until I've given birth twice... and am at least 30. I'm on baby number 3 (first two are adopted) and am 23, so I have a long wait ahead of me.:-P
  • 3boys1girl32
    July 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    Quoting IFartGlitter:

;

I didn't.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Not sure. The nurse asked me when I want to have it done. She didn't say anthing about a minimum wait time. She said I could get it done this month, that I just need to schedule it with the lady who does the scheduling. I call the scheduling lady and she told me the Thursday 2 weeks form now would be fine. 

But thanks for mentioning that. I will call tomorrow and see if maybe there was some kind of miscommunication between the three of us. Either way, I am getting it done asap. 

Quoting IFartGlitter:

• IFartGlitter
    July 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    Interesting. Make sure!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure. The nurse asked me when I want to have it done. She didn't say anthing about a minimum wait time. She said I could get it done this month, that I just need to schedule it with the lady who does the scheduling. I call the scheduling lady and she told me the Thursday 2 weeks form now would be fine. 

But thanks for mentioning that. I will call tomorrow and see if maybe there was some kind of miscommunication between the three of us. Either way, I am getting it done asap. 

Quoting IFartGlitter:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Thank you. I hope it all goes well too. My doctor said I should only be down a few days. I hope he's right. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad you found someone to do it. No one will give me one since I'm only 21 with 1 child, so DH got snipped instead.

I wish you a safe procedure and a speedy recovery!

• Anonandon
    July 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    I'm with you. My husband is getting snipped soon, two is all I can handle. My cousin keeps making snarky comments to me like "2 is easy, try dealing with my 4" - psh no thanks.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts