Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
2 is more than enough!
by Anonymous
July 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I have been waiting for years to be able to get my tubes tied. Every year my obgyn says that I am too young and that I should wait (I'm 29 now btw). I changed doctors 3 times, but I was never able to find an OB who would do it for me. Finally, I have approval. I went for my pap smear today and we discussed it with a highly recommended obgyn. I told him that I have known since I was a teen that I only wanted two kids. I have two kids, my youngest is 5 years old now. I am terrified that I will become pregnant. I am VERY furtile, as are all the woman in my family. I always use two forms of birth control, but the fear is always there. 

I love my kids more than words can express, but I know that I wouldn't be able to handle more kids. I want to be able to devote my time and energy to the kids I aready have. And I never want to put into a situation where I would have to decide what to do about an unwanted pregancy.

I hope everything goes well. He said I can have it done in two weeks. So here is my confession: I am more excited to have this done than I have been for anything else in my life (besides having my babies). I can't wait! 

Replies

• emandab
    by emandab
    July 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM

There is nothing wrong with knowing what you want and can handle. Sometimes getting it is the bitch lol.  Me, I have two kids, I'm on the fence about another one.  Not ready to permanently shut down the factory just yet lol.

• IFartGlitter
    July 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    How are you getting it done in two weeks? You have to wait 30 days after signing the consent forms...
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    July 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Quoting IFartGlitter:

How are you getting it done in two weeks? You have to wait 30 days after signing the consent forms...

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    July 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    Glad you found someone to do it. No one will give me one since I'm only 21 with 1 child, so DH got snipped instead.

I wish you a safe procedure and a speedy recovery!
  • Mommy2b2many
    July 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    Good luck! Glad you found someone who would do it! My ob won't do one until I've given birth twice... and am at least 30. I'm on baby number 3 (first two are adopted) and am 23, so I have a long wait ahead of me.:-P
  • 3boys1girl32
    July 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    Quoting IFartGlitter:

;

I didn't.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    July 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Not sure. The nurse asked me when I want to have it done. She didn't say anthing about a minimum wait time. She said I could get it done this month, that I just need to schedule it with the lady who does the scheduling. I call the scheduling lady and she told me the Thursday 2 weeks form now would be fine. 

But thanks for mentioning that. I will call tomorrow and see if maybe there was some kind of miscommunication between the three of us. Either way, I am getting it done asap. 

Quoting IFartGlitter:

• IFartGlitter
    July 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    Interesting. Make sure!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure. The nurse asked me when I want to have it done. She didn't say anthing about a minimum wait time. She said I could get it done this month, that I just need to schedule it with the lady who does the scheduling. I call the scheduling lady and she told me the Thursday 2 weeks form now would be fine. 

But thanks for mentioning that. I will call tomorrow and see if maybe there was some kind of miscommunication between the three of us. Either way, I am getting it done asap. 

Quoting IFartGlitter:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    July 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Thank you. I hope it all goes well too. My doctor said I should only be down a few days. I hope he's right. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad you found someone to do it. No one will give me one since I'm only 21 with 1 child, so DH got snipped instead.

I wish you a safe procedure and a speedy recovery!

• Anonandon
    July 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    I'm with you. My husband is getting snipped soon, two is all I can handle. My cousin keeps making snarky comments to me like "2 is easy, try dealing with my 4" - psh no thanks.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN