Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
RunningMommaof2
Has anyone here ever really wanted a baby but decided against it?
July 2, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Dh and I have been kicking around the idea of having a third baby for a few years now... and my heart really wants it. But the timing is so bad that I know it just wouldn't be right to myself and the rest of my family to have another baby any time soon. I feel like I created a baby in my heart and that I'm greiving the loss of a baby (that I never had) by deciding not to have one more. I hope I don't regret not having one more years down the line. 

Now, I know that I can be a very stubborn and impatient person at times... so I'm trying to remind myself that I should be thankful for the two blessings that I already have (and I am thankful). Everytime I see a baby, I feel like it's a little sting and gives me anxiety about this decision though. It's very hard not to think about the "what ifs" day after day. I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone through this. 

Replies

• RunningMommaof2
    July 2, 2013 at 7:15 AM

bump

• conweis
    by conweis
    July 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    I understand what you are going through.
  • lovelove211
    July 2, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    My mom always tells me that she regrets not having one more. And that if she could go back in time she would have just done it. She is 53 now and says it quite often
  • SageAdvice
    July 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Just remind yourself that in time, you will most likely have more babies ----- GRAND-BABIES who you can spoil and then send home!!

• krissy920

i really wanted one more after my dd was born ( not right away but a year after) she had  some really big delays andtthough i realy wanted another child ( we  have 2) my husband felt it woudl be best to devote any extra time we had to helping our DD get caught up. Once she caughtu p a  vast amount and started school he agreed to try for one more. It took 2 years but well worth the wait.

• missmamaof4

my mom always said to me "you will always regret not having a baby and never regret having a baby"

• Jenniy
    by Jenniy
    July 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    I want another one, but I know that I can't take proper care of my youngest of I have another right now
  • abbysmommy429
    July 2, 2013 at 7:25 AM

I want a third sometimes, but other times I feel Our family is perfect. It has to be , because DH got a vasectomy. Lol

• Jblaac57
    July 2, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    My son will be 10 weeks on Friday & I already want another but it's not going to happen! I need to be there to care for the one I have first & when he gets older we can try for another...it does make me sad sometimes though!
  • GirlWithANikon
    July 2, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I feel the exact same way. I don't see us living comfortably with 3 children though, it would be fine with the baby but the baby is going to grow into an expensive child and teenager. I don't want to have to tell my children no not because they don't deserve or need it but because we can't afford it, not be able to afford to do nice/fun things, etc. Also, I don't ever see me completely school with another child.

It does hurt to see my friends having thrm though. I think I will always regret it. But I would probably wish a lot of things were different if I did have the baby and so I should go with the lesser evil for all involved I guess.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts