Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Have you ever left your baby?
by Anonymous
July 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Wednesday my husband and I are leaving to go to the keys for 5 days. We are leaving our 2.5 yo with my mil. But I'm scared to death of leaving him because I don't know how he will handle his mommy and daddy raving for that long. I'm so worried. Have you eve left your young child like this?

Replies

• jesistar6910
    July 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM

My mom watched my child for 3 days once, while DH and I went on a mini-vacay. 

It's not too bad. Just call every morning, and once at night - let him know you love him and will be back soon. He's little, he won't mind.

You say you're worried how he will do - he will do well. What you are really worried about is how YOU will do without your child. 

• Lovin_mybaby5
    July 1, 2013 at 2:04 PM

my dd is almost 4 and I havent left her for that long...

• peanutsmommy1
    July 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM

well, I went back to work when DS was 11 weeks

we left him with my parents for 5 days when he was 18 mos to go to Vegas

• SamanthaSage
    July 1, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    The longest I've been away from my baby is when she goes with my aunt for the night.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    July 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

You are probably right I've never been way from him for this long before 

Quoting jesistar6910:

My mom watched my child for 3 days once, while DH and I went on a mini-vacay. 

It's not too bad. Just call every morning, and once at night - let him know you love him and will be back soon. He's little, he won't mind.

You say you're worried how he will do - he will do well. What you are really worried about is how YOU will do without your child. 

• leslie1989
    July 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    I'm sure it will be harder for you then him. The longest I've been away from my son is 2nights. That was hard. I miss him even when I just go in a date night with the hubby. But you'll get through it, bring pictures. And call him during the day.
  • Vipergirl22
    July 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Yeah, when my husband and I got married we went to Vegas for 3 days on our honeymoon and our daughter was 9 months old. It was the first time we left her like that. Then about 2 years ago we when to Tahoe for dhs Christmas work party.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM
    My mom and dad took my DS for three days out of state when he was 14 months.
  • KMadsen
    by KMadsen
    July 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Nope. A few hours at the most.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    Hello no. Still haven't left my 2 their old over night.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts