Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery but it's also ticking me off!
by Anonymous
July 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM

My sisters and mother are so... IDK... miserable, maybe? that whatever I wants to do or have, or wherever I want to go, they're going to do it or have it or go there, and it's getting to me, I admit, although I'd never tell them.

For example, I said I wanted to go to the beach, rent a place for the week, and have a nice family vacation. They all got together and did that, without telling me a thing about it until they were back with their sunburns and pictures. Then when one of them asked me what I was going to do on the other day when I was off, I said I was going to get my haircut, but the weather turned really scary so I stayed home. They all three went out and got their hair cut that day.

Now I'm going to see them this week because my brothers have a birthday and we're going to have a party for them and I'm trying to find a way to ready myself for the onslaught of stupidity.

Do you have imitators like this in your life, too? How do/would you handle this?

Replies

• VinVanMom
    July 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Laugh and tell them I'm shaving my head.

• smcnee
    by smcnee
    July 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    yeah, I'd keep pushing it, just tell them things that get more and more ridiculous

Quoting VinVanMom:

Laugh and tell them I'm shaving my head.

• o.O....
    by o.O....
    July 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    How does a post get featured with one reply?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    I don't know how it happened so fast! I don't think replies matter, however.

Quoting o.O....:

• o.O....
    by o.O....
    July 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    I just figured a few people should read it before it featured... No matter though, good for you!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting o.O....:

• jas_momof2
    July 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM

The admin read it, liked it and featured it...  That's all there is to "featured posts"...

Quoting o.O....:

I just figured a few people should read it before it featured... No matter though, good for you!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting o.O....:

• LuvMyZoo
    July 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I would tell them outlandish things that you would never be caught dead doing, just to see if they do it. Then i'd laugh inside for the rest of my life.  Know what? Go window shopping with them. Point out the dorkiest things, worst things, and get totally excited about them, like you can't wait to go back and get it. Once they make the purchase, poke some harmless fun at said purchases every time you see them. If they catch on, use it as an opportunity to vent to them, and confess to them what you posted to us. LoL

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    I have imitators and 1 uppers. My BIL and his wife. I'll give an example.
    One time my dh was talking to his brother about what we were going to do on our date. We were going to eat at a specific restaurant, then to a specific movie, your typical date. Anyway, we had to cancel. One day later, his brother takes his wife to exact restaurant we were going to, and the same exact movie.
    My BIL wife was talking to me all giddy, saying shit like "My husband is so great, he took me "here" for dinner, and then...I'm like really,fuck you. I didn't say that. (It's my favorite restaurant)
    They do stuff like this all the time, currently are copying a project we are working on. I don't do anything except get pissed. We refrain from mentioning anything to them, if we can.
  • starfish333
    July 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Have you ever had a conversation with them like, "When we discussed that I was interested in going to the beach for a vacation, why wasn't I included when you went forward with that idea?".  It sounds to me more like being left out than them copying you...  Either way, relationships with women in family is really complicated, and I hope that you are able to get some peace and good times with them...  

• Pushthruthepain
    July 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM
    This but for the safety of children and animals do not tell them you're getting a pet or having a baby!lol

Quoting LuvMyZoo:

I would tell them outlandish things that you would never be caught dead doing, just to see if they do it. Then i'd laugh inside for the rest of my life.  Know what? Go window shopping with them. Point out the dorkiest things, worst things, and get totally excited about them, like you can't wait to go back and get it. Once they make the purchase, poke some harmless fun at said purchases every time you see them. If they catch on, use it as an opportunity to vent to them, and confess to them what you posted to us. LoL

Mom Confessions