Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
BUFFIE.the.BODY
Has it been a time your kid(s) didn't have a birthday party ?
July 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM
For instants if you couldn't afford it or other reasons

Replies

• ROBIN-C
    by ROBIN-C
    July 1, 2013 at 3:59 AM

It's not always a big to-so but there is always recognition even if just a homemade cake and gifts.

well I take that back, with older son who is t home for his bdays anymore, it's just a gift in the mail

• BUFFIE.the.BODY
    July 1, 2013 at 3:59 AM
    Bump
  • Master_Debater
    July 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Yes, my dd didn't have one this past birthday. She did get a few gifts (some from us, one from her aunt). I felt horrible and it'll never happen again.

Also, parties with us usually just consist of the 4 of us and maybe aunt, uncle, and 2 cousins though.

• bcoll
    by bcoll
    July 1, 2013 at 4:01 AM

We haven't missed a party, no.

Last year the two oldest didn't want a friend party though.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 1, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    My son didn't have one this year. We took him and his best friend to Legoland and stayed at their new hotel during opening week instead.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    July 1, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    Have you ever taken a grammar or spelling class in your life?
  • ImNotKarl
    July 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM

I have always and will always find SOME WAY to give my children special holidays and birthdays. Even if it's just a cheap boxed cake and a small toy or book. We've had some meager holidays, but I've always managed to scrimp up enough to give my son that, and will do the same for this baby.

• justpeachy71904
    Oh yea. Three years ago I was laid off. :( it happened three months before my sweet dd's b'day. I was so devastated. I managed.to have a little something at home but no party. I hayed myself for that. I felt so guilty
  • Jamie1972

With the exceptions of my oldest first 2 birthdays, the kids have never had a birthday party. And no one even asked until dd did this year. But didn't do what she wanted because of money, but will do it in a couple of weeks.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Yes, it was my daughter's first birthday :( no cake or anything.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts