Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My 17 year old daughter is pregnant..and I am 37!
by Anonymous
June 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM

My daughter is pregnant and due in August. She and her boyfriend (the father) told my husband and me when she was 9 weeks pregnant. I was shocked, horrified, disappointed, humilated etc. I still feel those things, and is it awful of me to be embarrased when seen out in public with my very pregnant daughter? I hate the feeling of being judged by others. I feel angry when my daughter talks about how unfair it is that we still wont let her go on vacation with her boyfriend. She had a curfew, they were never allowed alone together in our house, if they did go to her room they had to keep the door open and were not allowed to be on the bed. Then I find out that many of her friends are allowed to spend the night at their boyfriends house, go on vacations etc. But of course my daughter is the one who gets pregnant!! Does anybody else feel this way?

Let me add that I took my daughter for birth control pills and apparently they also used condoms...Did I approve of the idea of her having sex? NO! Yes I was also a young mother, and I know EXACTLY how hard it is to raise a child, and go to school, find a decent job, etc. My daughter has been with her boyfriend for over 3 years, and has a 3.5 GPA, runs track (or did), and works part-time. 

Replies

• alexsmomaubrys2
    June 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM

She got pregnant because you made her sneak around and didn't feel like she could come to you about birth control or condoms.

It is your fault. <--- No beating around the bush.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    June 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    Does your daughter have a job? Is she being made to accept responsibility. Tell her that she's not allowed to go on vacation with him because she was not responsible enough to have safe sex so she can't be responsible to go on vacation with him.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    June 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Only takes 5 mins to get pregnant..kids will find a way to fuck...can't do nothing about it now mso grow some balls and be a mom for her..

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    My worse nightmare. I was a teen mom and that's the last thing I want for my daughter. I feel for you. I hope this gets easier to deal with for you.
  • melschlegs

Maybe it's time for you to worry a little more about what's going on inside your house rather than what's going on outside of your house.  Who the hell cares what anyone else thinks?  

• Lizardannie1966
    June 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

The thing is, her pregnancy is not about you. Who cares what other people think? Who cares if they're judging you?

None of that should matter to you right now.

She may be pregnant but because she is a minor, you can still say no. She's not an adult yet and regardless if she's expecting a child.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    June 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    It frustrates me that we've been ttc for a long while now with no luck and teens get pg like nothing.
  • Motherof3inNJ
    June 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM

My daughter would be working around the clock to support this baby and the rest of the time studying to make up work or get ahead to ensure she graduates high school and goes on to college. There would be no time to worry about vacationing with her boyfriend or spending the night with her boyfriend. None of my teenagers would be allowed to do this those things though- pregnant or not...

• Blue11
    by Blue11
    June 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    I'm sorry, but death ruins my summer. Not birth.
  • firespurity
    June 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM
    I have to agree with this. By seventeen sex shouldn't have been an ultimate taboo. She knew she want 5 anymore so she didn't follow the rules that treated her like a five year old.

And she's seventeen and pregnant. It's time for her to get a job, even if she's still in school. I also think it's important to allow the two top keep their relationship strong. Kids from two parent household fair way better in statistics.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

She got pregnant because you made her sneak around and didn't feel like she could come to you about birth control or condoms.

It is your fault. <--- No beating around the bush.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN