Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do You Ask or Tell Him ?
by Anonymous
June 30, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Your SO/Dh......like if you want to go get a new dress...do you tell him you're going to go get one, or do you ask him if you can go get one?  

If  you want new towels....do you go get them or ask his opinion?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    June 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    I just go get what I need whenever I need it. No need to ask or tell anyone.
  • MeaganP
    by MeaganP
    Just get them
  • Newmom8912
    Just get them
  • LadyAmaranth
    June 30, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I would usually say "I was thinking we needed or I needed to get xyz, figured I'd go..." 

Then he'd give his opinion and I'd go because he never cared.

• Lydlou02
    June 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    A dress? I surprise him with it. Towels, I'd convince him they're necessary, because that means I'd be getting rid of old ones. Usually I don't even mention im going shopping unless he calls while I'm out.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    June 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    I would tell him that we need something and then go get it.
  • MamaDurff
    June 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I get a sort of "allowance" from my husband, for my personal use. If I want something that is more than $60, I ask him first. We are on a very tight budget and he is the sole provider, so I don't think there's anything wrong with us checking with each other before we buy something that isn't a necessity.

• TheMrs407
    June 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    Neither. I just buy it. Unless it's a major expense we both buy what we like. If its a major expense then we discuss it.
  • lapcounter
    June 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    I just go get it.
  • KelliansMom
    June 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Depends on the price over 100 I ask mainly bc he travels for work so I want to make sure he doesn't need that money for something too. But under 100 I just get it.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts