Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
may get bashed for this may not. PA & FS related
by Anonymous
June 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I PLAN to apply for it in a couple months. Yep thats right.

AND I live with my dad.

Now before anyone gets all hateful and bashing I will include that I am doing it because I am going back to school. Which means I am cutting my time back at work so I can focus on my studies and I just wont be able to afford things like I can now without the help.

It kinda embarrasses me in a way, but in the long run my goal is to hopefully never need to use them again after finishing school.

**by the way since I know ppl may point it out since I am talkin about school plans I know my grammer is not the best.*

Replies

• ElitestJen
    June 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    Oh good. Someone else gets to chase their dreams while mooching off society.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    June 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    I don't think there is anything wrong with getting help when you need it for the time you need it, especially when you are going to school, etc.
    I think you may run into problems living with your dad though, they do it based on everyone living in the house, so you have to tell them you live with him and how much he makes. That might make it hard to get.
    Good luck with school!
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    I know the feeling. Gotta do what you gotta do.
  • Osstie
    by Osstie
    I think everyone is just really sick of this subject. Everything there is to say about it has been said. Move on.
  • Fjamrkr
    by Fjamrkr
    June 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    Good luck with school! :)
  • Cupcake_mama_22
    June 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    As long as you are working no one should have a problem!!! Screw the ladies that say otherwise.

I'm getting so sick of seeing these posts bashing mothers for PA and FS. Too fucking bad your "hard earned" tax dollars are going to feeding someone's family. The gov would take that money from you all in the same just put it to other funding so stfu!!!

Ugh!! Isn't there a political type group to post all the hater post for PA, FS and WIC...?
  • sugarcrisp
    June 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I think it's great that you do not want to forever rely on the system so you're going to do what you must to avoid that, even if it means needing help temporarily. That's the way it SHOULD be.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    June 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I think if food stamps were replaced with a system that lets you BORROW money for food during a rough time and pay it back in increments as you work ...many people would find a way to eat without them.

• couture-mommy
    June 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    Good job and good luck :)
  • Lizardannie1966
    June 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Best of luck.

The government is not so willing to allow applicants for PA to be approved simply because they wish to leave their job to pursue an education.

They believe that college comes second to a steady income but that it can be something done during off hours (from work) or even online, which a lot of full-time employees do.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN