Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Is it possible...
by Anonymous
June 25, 2013 at 3:23 AM

For a marriage to move past a cheating spouse? 

Has anyone ever cheated or been cheated on and have a stronger relationship in the end? If so... What helped? Counseling?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 25, 2013 at 3:27 AM
    Everyone that I know, personally, never worked through it. That's not saying it can not be done, but it won't be easy. It'll take a lot of drive, counseling, and love to work past it.
  • allornone
    June 25, 2013 at 3:30 AM

No sorry I haven't. But here's a bump

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 25, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Yes. I cheated and we are now better and stronger. What helped was more communication between us and him getting the help he needed for his mental problems.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 25, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    I would have to do a Lorana Bobit if my dh ever cheated, so I would say no it would probably not be much fun after that.
  • luvmymonkeys27
    June 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM

I have heard of couples working through it, but it wouldn't work for my husband or me. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

BUmP

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Every one is different, but I know I couldn't. And counseling should start asap.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I couldn't move past it. I moved and I couldn't be happier. I couldn't get the image of what he did out of my mind. I was totally and utterly betrayed. I was disgusted. I couldn't have sex with him.

• vegaswife2011
    June 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Yes I think it is. So long as it's not thrown in someone's face and you agree it's in the past. No, I've never been cheated on and worked it out.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    My dh cheated and we've been working through it. It's been a few years but I'm still emotional about it. I don't think this is going to work much longer. I don't love him like I once did. It's hard to be in love with someone who betrayed you and hurt you.

Mom Confessions