Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I'm too fu#&ing nice! *Long explaination*
by Anonymous
June 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM

This college I am going to has been the worst choice I think I have ever made. On top of this, a classmate of mine (whom I've become friends with) got herself thrown out of her home she was staying at. Well me being nice I invited her to come stay with me for awhile, with the promise that she will get a job, be respectful of me and my hubby (we just got married), and to watch my DD and animals every now and then. So far she has watched my DD fabulously, but she did not feed my cats nor my dog when my SO and I went on our honeymoon.

I gave her instructions to feed the dog 3 times a day, make sure he has water all the time because he stays outside during the day usually (unless its rainingand ugly), and play with him for at least 10 minutes every hour. Easy enough right? WRONG! For my cats all she had to do was feed them twice a day because their bowl is pretty big, make sure they always have water, and scoop the cat litter at least every other day. Easier job, right? WRONG. No having friends over when we are not home (for insurance and liability reasons), no smoking in the house, and simply turn off the air conditoners when we aren't in the house (or at least 3 of them). Well she didn't listen to ANY of it. Plus, she managed to eat a whole months worth of food in 1 week. 1 frickin week!

Honestly I don't think my rules are too harsh, and are easy to follow. She is almost 21, and she acts like a teenager. Now I see why her mom, father, and her now ex fiance's mom kicked her out of the house. I also told her, in person, to not lie to me or my SO while living with us because thats rude, disrespectful, and I will not tolerate it. I allowed her to use my personal laptop to fill out applications, and go on other sites in her free time. Ever since she has been here, she stays on it from the time she gets up (between 11am and 1pm) until she either goes for a walk (1:30pm to 5pm or longer). She then sometimes eats dinner, then goes right back onto the computer until she goes to bed (12am-5am). On her "walks" she goes and harashes our local Burger King to hire her, everyday, and she goes and hangs out with this random guy ,whoms he met online, that lives somewhere in the town. Also, when she is home if she's not on the computer, she's on her cell phone.

The first day she was here I told her to fill out applications for jobs so she can start working. Well she has fille dout so many apps and I couldn't figure out why places were not calling her, when I knew they were hiring. Well last week I found out she wasnt putting "anytime" in the availability section of the applications. Why? Because she onlyw nats to work from 12pm-12am during the week, and have off Friday-Sunday. Well When I found that out I forced her to redo every single app she filled out that day, no matter how late she stayed up, and I sat there watching her fill them out.

It's been over a month, she has not gotten a call for an interview, nor has she gone anywhere else, or called anywhere to see if her online application went through or not. She has not payed any rent yet, even though she came here with $400 in her pocket that she spent on cigarettes, take out, and other things she didnt need. I'm at the point that I either throw her out after 1 more week of her being here, or she goes to a temp agency to get a job (shes been arguing that she does not want to do that all, but it seems like there is no other choice). What are your opinions?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    I'd have booted her when I found out she starved my pets
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    I should have done that, but I just got home from my honeymoon and I was feeling too happy, and sick from the plane to deal with her at that point.
    Quoting Anonymous:

I'd have booted her when I found out she starved my pets
  • HairClipQueen
    June 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM

youre not her mother.  i would kick her to the curb. 

Mom Confessions