Mom Confessions

Anonymous
This is one of the many reasons I am not fond of her!
by Anonymous
June 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM
My girls are with my parents visiting my brother & his family. My parents & I live in Ohio & my brother & his family in Virginia. Yesterday my mom called & said SIL wants the girls to stay longer & watch my brother's ship deploy. He's going to be out to sea for several months. Anyway- I reminded my mom that the girls had commitments within the next few weeks & can't miss them. One of which is paid for already (a youth summer camp through church).

So today my 13yo called me from SIL's cell to ask if they could stay! I explained she was already told once the answer was no & it pisses me off that she would call & ask again. DD said "fine. Bye." & hung up! Then my mom texts & said "I already told them you said no!" I was even more pissed that SIL now has my number because I really do not like her. I'm only friends on FB with her because I wanted her to tag me in pics she takes. As soon as I save them to my phone I am unfriending her. Oh & SIL says her 12dd & mine were the ones who took it upon themselves to call me behind her back. Yeah right!

Replies

• TexanMomOf6
    June 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Never underestimate what a couple 12 year olds can do. They could have done it on their own.

• kattcooper
    June 23, 2013 at 2:40 PM

What is the big deal? Atleast they are having fun and want to stay longer!

Is it really that big of a deal that they called to ask again, Or if she has your phone number? She is their aunt, and her husband is their uncle... Its FAMILY!! The only people that you are connected to for life no matter what.

Why do you not like her so much? Based on this alone, it is kind of dumb that you hate her so much!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    History of reasons- my mom isn't fond of her either yet she tolerates her because of my brother & the grandchildren (their kids). I don't have to tolerate her. I don't have to deal with her. DD even said "maybe next summer?" & I said no- ONLY because brother & family are moving clear across country & I don't have the money to send them there!

Quoting kattcooper:

Is it really that big of a deal that they called to ask again, Or if she has your phone number? She is their aunt, and her husband is their uncle... Its FAMILY!! The only people that you are connected to for life no matter what.

Why do you not like her so much? Based on this alone, it is kind of dumb that you hate her so much!

• Ms_mom_81
    June 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I think that is a silly reason to friend or unfriend someone.

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    June 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Very easily.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Never underestimate what a couple 12 year olds can do. They could have done it on their own.

• GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    June 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I think you're making too big a deal over it. The girls get along and at that age, they may have chosen to call you and ask again. Very common. Either ways, it doesn't sound like such a big deal that your daughter asked again. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM

You sound like an angry bitter person, Im glad you're sending your children to church camp, maybe they will learn to be kind and charitable there.

• BekahBrownEyes
    June 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    You're acting like your 13 year old dd. Grow up.
  • kattcooper
    June 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Well, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that you wont tolerate her when clearly your children enjoy being around her and her children.

Why would you not save up for your child to go? Wouldn't that be a good experience for your child to travel across the country and get to spend time with family?

Quoting Anonymous:

History of reasons- my mom isn't fond of her either yet she tolerates her because of my brother & the grandchildren (their kids). I don't have to tolerate her. I don't have to deal with her. DD even said "maybe next summer?" & I said no- ONLY because brother & family are moving clear across country & I don't have the money to send them there!

Quoting kattcooper:

• OrangeBalloon
    June 23, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I agree with this. I think OP is getting upset over nothing. 

Quoting GOBryan:

I think you're making too big a deal over it. The girls get along and at that age, they may have chosen to call you and ask again. Very common. Either ways, it doesn't sound like such a big deal that your daughter asked again. 

Mom Confessions