Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
interesting. carseat related.
by Anonymous
June 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I had always been told the law was to rearface until 1 year and 20 pounds.
I just moved to Texas and was looking up carseat laws. And it states rearfacing until 35 pounds!
Any other states like this?
O and the child must be restrained unto 8 years or 4ft9.

http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/safety-laws.php

Replies

• Logan_Bellasmom
    June 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Carseat laws have been changing a lot in states in the last few  years.

• Pita369
    by Pita369
    June 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    I just looked it up myself.. My hubby and I are in the process it's between 20-35 lbs and 1 year old is what I've found
  • alexsmomaubrys2
    June 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

That is typical now. In our state it is still 1 and 20 by law but recommended 2 and 40, they must be restrained until they are 8 years old regardless of size.

I think our law here in VA isn't high enough. It should be more about size than age.

• elitish
    by elitish
    June 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Yes. Because people are finally buying a clue and realizing that it's safer.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    June 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Our laws says between ages 4 and 8 and between 40 and 80 pounds and no taller than 4 feet 9 inches that they must be in a car seat or booster.  

I am in Wisconsin.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    June 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    No offense but in some instances I don't think carseats are that safe. I have witnessed more accidents were kids in carseats/boosters have been injured or worse.....
  • bowribbonmama
    June 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    My province (Ontario) is 1 year, 20 lbs AND walking unassisted. However, they suggest that the car seat be used in the rear facing position for as long as the seat allows it.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    June 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM

It's also advised to keep them rear-faced until 2. But my poor daughter was so uncomfortable that we switched her at 20 months. She's pretty tall.

• AMRios
    by AMRios
    June 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM

My 11 month old and 3 year old are both rear facing... My 5 year old is in a 5 point harness and 8 year old is in a high back booster... I don't care what the law says I was my babies safe so they will be in a car seat until college if need be!

• lovemyairman150
    June 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    This may be a stupid question....forgive me, because I honestly do not know....

My son is 13 months, 22lbs, and he is still rear facing, but his legs aren't going to fit much longer, sometimes I take his shoes off....

So my question is, when they start to become squished and meet the minimum requirements, is it safe to forward face him??

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN