Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
"you lazy a••es shouldnt park here,im calling the cops"
by Anonymous
June 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

yup had someone tell me and my friend that today.heres what happened,my friend just found out friday that shes having a girl(shes due in october) and im also having a girl(im due in august) so we went to babies r us today to grab her a new crib(their ds destroyed the one they had) and both of us new baby clothes. anyway so i have arthritis in my knees that has gotten to the point i cant walk around the grocery store without having to stop for a few minutes,so to make it easy on me(well us because we had our kids with us also) we parked in the expectant mother spot right in front,and as we are getting our kids down some guy with his pregnant wife walks up to our car yelling at us, saying that we arent even far enough a long to need this spot and that we need to get our fat lazy asses back into the car and park farther because his wife is high risk and cant walk that far. then when we started closing up the car to walk inside the guy said he was calling the cops,my friend said "go ahead, see how stupid you look when they laugh at you" and what do you know they laughed at him but came anyway because he was being belligerent.officer came up to us asked how far along we were,asked if we had any medical problems to use the spot,shrugged at the guy and drove off....the guys face was priceless lol he was so pissed off

Replies

• fullxbusymom
    June 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

That is awesome!!

• lnrmom
    by lnrmom
    June 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

It is not illegal for you to park in the expectant mother spot whether you are 4 months or 9 months about to pop. If his wife is so fragile, what was she doing out and about ANYWAY?

• JLS2388
    by JLS2388
    June 17, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I would have said "please explain to me how your wife can't walk across the parking lot but she can walk around the store". Medical problems don't matter anyway, any pregnant woman can use the spot.

• dalbax2
    by dalbax2

I didn't know there were any restrictions on parking there.  It says expectant mother which you both obviously were.  What a jerk.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

Quoting lnrmom:

It is not illegal for you to park in the expectant mother spot whether you are 4 months or 9 months about to pop. If his wife is so fragile, what was she doing out and about ANYWAY?

right? i think they just wanted something to bitch about

• sheramom4

It's not illegal to park in the expectant mother's spot even if you are not pregnant. They are not legally recognized as restricted parking, they are convenience spots only. LOL. What an idiot (the guy who called the cops). 

• MrsKaufold1990

I am only 12 weeks, I park there. 

THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE FOR. 

• bethgoedeken
    June 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM

why didn't he just drop his wife off at the front and then park? Idiot.

• MrsKaufold1990
    June 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I personally think there should be more regulations for those spots. 

Because we went to Babies R Us, and all but one of the spots were taken up, and none of the women were pregnant. 

Quoting sheramom4:

It's not illegal to park in the expectant mother's spot even if you are not pregnant. They are not legally recognized as restricted parking, they are convenience spots only. LOL. What an idiot (the guy who called the cops). 

• amberleh
    June 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Those are courtesy spots, and not regulated by law. The guy was an idiot. You can use those spots as soon as you are pregnant. If he was that concerned he should have stopped at the front doors, put his flashers on, helped his wife out of the car, and then gone and parked the car. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN