Mom Confessions

Anonymous
this is not going to be a popular view
by Anonymous
June 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

and I do not want to cause drama, that is not my intention..but I think having 7 year olds in a booster seat is dumb. I was not in one at 7 and I turned out just fine. Had I have to do the requirements now back then I would have had to be in a booster seat until i was 11. such BS.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM

bump

• Diamepphyre
    June 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    I agree.
  • DieselsMom

You are dumb. Protecting a child is SMART..My son is 9 and still in a booster seat!!! There are reasons for them...A lot of things done "back then" would end up being much more dangerous today!

• Supervane
    So just 7 year old.What about 8 year olds or 6 year olds. ???
    If you don't want to keep your kids safe then that's on you. But personally I want to the safety precautions because I don't want my kid having to be pealed off the pavement incase of an accident.
  • funlovinlady

I agree my son at 8 is almost as tall as I am lol. 

• LeahJ
    by LeahJ
    June 15, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    Dd is seven and still in one. But thats mostly because she's never asked NOT to be so thats just her seat in the car. I think if she started to put up a big fuss, I'd look into it more closely. But i figure as long as she's not fighting it, I'm ok with it.
  • heyyou13
    June 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    My dd is 7 and loves her booster seat. It sits her taller making the seatbelt fit properly.
  • SpnFulOfSugar
    June 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    Lol my 7 year old is still harnessed
  • Anonymous
    June 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM

if my son is in the right mood he will like it, but i doubt he will still like it if he ever sits without one( obviously not until its legal)

Quoting heyyou13:

My dd is 7 and loves her booster seat. It sits her taller making the seatbelt fit properly.

• Anonymous
    June 15, 2013 at 11:02 AM

6 year olds- no. 7 and up not necessary in my opinion. my son will be safe, i wont keep him in a booster at 11 though lol

Quoting Supervane:

So just 7 year old.What about 8 year olds or 6 year olds. ???
    If you don't want to keep your kids safe then that's on you. But personally I want to the safety precautions because I don't want my kid having to be pealed off the pavement incase of an accident.

Mom Confessions