Mom Confessions

Anonymous
AAP finally changes carseat requirements
by Anonymous
June 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/aaps-new-car-seat-guidelines-change-rear-facing-booster-rules-2466904.html

About time. Your doctor will now start telling you to RF to two.

Replies

• vvinkyloafer
    June 14, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    She told me that already.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    I thIought they been saying that since 2009. It was a big thing on CM at the time.
  • pregnantmama105
    June 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM

well the carseat we have rf until 36inch (height) or 40lbs(what ever comes first)... my son is already 32 inch. so I hope  he doesnt reach 36inch before two... hes growing like a weed. btw he is 17 months

• KatrinaMae
    June 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

The AAP changes everything all the time. I honestly don't pay much attention to them and do what I feel is best for my child. If I went by what they said I would have been parenting my child with a hundred different methods for the last three years...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Damn sucks for my child at 1 he was 40 pounds and 42 inches, which is why I didn't RF when he was pass one in fact he was 10 months old when I switched him because the seat I had was 35 pounds and the ONLY RF model at the time of his birth with a higher RF was $350 which was a NO to me. I grow giants and it pisses me off, right now he is 6 and 54 inches, and yet because of damn CAR SEAT NAZIs that only think of the average child, he has to be in a booster til he is 8!!!! REALLY HE IS GOING TO BE PUSHING 6 FEET by then, I was 6 foot by 10, his sperm donor was 8 inches taller than me.

Now I hope I don't have another tall baby because RF them until two will REALLY SUCK!!!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I agree with this 100%.

Quoting KatrinaMae:

The AAP changes everything all the time. I honestly don't pay much attention to them and do what I feel is best for my child. If I went by what they said I would have been parenting my child with a hundred different methods for the last three years...

• MrsDavidB25
    June 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Well, we will see what happens. My doc looked at me with 2 heads when I told him my ds was still rear facing at 14 mos. He told me to turn him ff, that he would like to see the world around him. LOL

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    The AAP also recommends circumcision. I stopped listening to them long ago...I have my children's best interest at heart and I rf til max of the seat and don't booster til over 4 yes/40lbs
  • emandab
    by emandab

Well the article is from 2011, but yeah I agree they've been recommending (not requiring) this for years.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thIought they been saying that since 2009. It was a big thing on CM at the time.

• MommyOfOne2710
    June 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    Yup. And I love when people cite the AAP as a resource for their opinions and then disagree with them about everything else.

Quoting KatrinaMae:

Mom Confessions