Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
unsuspected
Do you try to be frIends with your husband' s friends' wives?
June 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Just because your husband's friend has a wife, do you try to be friends with her?

My husband doesn't need to friends with my friends husbands.
IDK. I just decided to let the ball drop with a "friend" like this. We never got along and it was made really clear we were only trying out of respect for our men, not each other. I'm just over it.
Who says I need to try to be friends with someone just by association? Is that the social norm and I'm just weird?

Replies

• 2Sparrows4ever
    June 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    LMAO, no, there are a few, but mostly no
  • MomTo2Boys12
    June 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    Heck no.
  • QuirkyMom26
    June 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I've tried, but only because my friends irl are so limited. I just didn't hit it off with any of them. (weirdos) SHHHH!

• liss.n.chris
    June 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Nope.  I like my husband's friends, but most of the wives are fucking looney.  One is so paranoid that the Mexican drug cartel is after her that she never leaves her house without her husband, one obsesses with how weird and unnatural she thinks pregnancy and childbirth is (she told me this first at my baby shower).  I do like his best friend's wife though.

• FL2AK
    by FL2AK
    June 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    I am friends with a few but it doesn't happen often. I don't usually have much in common with them.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    June 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    My dh's friend has a wife he wanted me to be friends with. She's kind of a nut and has an eating disorder. I couldn't handle her crazy.
  • Kitschy
    by Kitschy

I try because I feel I'm expected to, but we rarely hit it off. 

• ToolArmy066
    This lol

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I've tried, but only because my friends irl are so limited. I just didn't hit it off with any of them. (weirdos) SHHHH!

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    none of his friends are married...or even dating :/
  • unsuspected
    June 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    This was my second attempt. The first one lasted longer, I was a bridesmaid in their wedding. But I think it was just because they needed even numbers and my husband was the best man. That "friendship" slowly faded even though the guys are still going strong.

This time, it has been nothing but work and I'm just over it.

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN