Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I stopped giving warnings for...
by Anonymous
June 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM

back talking. Thanks to some little heathens at my girls' preschool whose parents don't keep them in their place, my girls have learned to back talk. One little girl in particular is a major bad influence. Her mom thinks it's funny when she is sassy. I call it disrespect. So now, I have to be the bad guy. I started off telling my girls that it is disrespectful and they are not allowed to back talk to adults. Then I started punishing them after they'd received warnings. Now, no warnings. No being separated from everyone else. No timeouts. If they back talk me, it's an instant spanking. Normally, spanking is a last resort. I don't care for it. But I absolutely will not tolerate sassy, back talking, disrespectful children. When they are told to do something, the most I expect to hear out of them is "Yes ma'am" or "Yes sir". If they don't get their way, I expect them to keep their mouths shut and know their place.

Have you ever stopped giving warnings for any behaviors?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 13, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    Know their place. FFS stop it.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 13, 2013 at 6:37 PM

whooooooooooooooooooa............................

• liss.n.chris
    June 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM

ooh billy badass

• crumpy_gat
    No.
    June 13, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    Yes ma'am.
  • shygurl3166
    June 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    I don't need to beat my kids to earn respect. I Dont care if people spank but what you are doing is completely different.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Go you. Seriously, back-talking kids are so annoying.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I don't beat them. I spank them. There is a difference. And they have been given more than ample time to adjust their behavior. Timeouts didn't get it through their heads. Losing privileges didn't get it through their heads. Extra chores didn't get it through their heads. Unfortunately, we have to take it a step up.

Quoting shygurl3166:

I don't need to beat my kids to earn respect. I Dont care if people spank but what you are doing is completely different.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    Yes! If I have to tell you every freaking day to not touch that. I am to my breaking point with kids. A colic baby sends you over the edge. I just wanna punch someone in the face. I can't punch my kids my mind can't go there but I really want to just punch the living day lights out of anyone. Like if someone came and knocked on my door I would want to punch them. I have been dealing with kids to long. Than my husband wants to take a vacation?! Its not a vacation for me we font have the money but of course we can save but we can't save for a house?? Plus the kids have to come and I have to be in a ROM with all the girls of his family? What a freaking nice vacation.
  • soon2bmomof2grs
    June 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Yes, I can not handle the sassy mouth either. I do not ask for a yes ma'am or yes sir, nor do I expect them to just accept what I say, but I do expect them to lisen and do it. They can say why they do not want to and I will reply accordingly - I don't want to because I'm watching this - no get up and do it. I don't want to because I feel sick - Okay do it when you feel a little better. My 3 year old is really mouthy at the moment. My 8 month old is too young, but my nephews already learned that I mean what I say.  (Ages 15-8 do the other is too young and my niece does not talk back to - me atleast, lol)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    June 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    I'm just shaking my head in disgust

Mom Confessions