Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
taramac
Are you Scale Obsessed?
by taramac
June 12, 2013 at 3:51 PM
How often do you weigh yourself?

I probably weigh myself at least five times a day and I know that's probably a little obsessive. I've lost 30 pounds within 4 months and it's almost like I'm afraid I'm going to gain it all back at once (crazy, I know).

Replies

• JulyBabies
    June 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I stopped getting on the scale. I eat well and go to the gym 4-5x a week. I am in the best shape of my life and don't need the numbers on the scale to tell me that. I go by how my clothes fit and how I look.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    June 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Before the stress of my son's health, I was obessed where I weighed a few times a day. But I have been stress eating and havent dared to get on the scale in about 2 weeks. 

I need to get back into watching tihngs again. The fried chicken and dr peppers have been calling me. 

• norahsmommy
    June 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    Yes. I weigh twice a day every day. My weight can fluctuate 4-7 lbs in a day depending on what I'm eating, drinking, doing.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    June 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    I do the same thing as you. My so confiscated my scale and AAA batteries. Lol
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Once a day every morning before I eat but after the bathroom.
  • taramac
    by taramac
    Dr. Pepper was one of my biggest weaknesses; I had such a hard time giving it up.

I hope your son is ok!

Quoting Anonymous:

Before the stress of my son's health, I was obessed where I weighed a few times a day. But I have been stress eating and havent dared to get on the scale in about 2 weeks. 

I need to get back into watching tihngs again. The fried chicken and dr peppers have been calling me. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    June 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Every 4 weeks.. but I don't technically weigh myself, I get weighed at my prenatal appointments. When I'm not pregnant, I'd say maybe once a month or so I step on the scale. When I'm concerned about weight I go more by how I feel and how clothes fit than numbers, especially after my first baby. I got down my pre-pregnancy weight but I still looked and felt fat and nothing fit right, so I ditched the idea of getting to a specific weight.

• Not_A_Native
    June 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Nope.  I weigh myself at the gym every Monday morning before I go swimming.  So, same clothes, same time of day, etc.  If I notice my pants seem a little too snug, I cut down on portions (I already don't eat sweets, drink soda or any sweetened beverage, or eat stuff like chips, and I spend an hour in the gym 5 days a week.

• JustACatLady
    June 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    Once a week or every other week
  • freenuts
    June 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I weight myself once a week, since having the twins my weight fluctuates like never before. Thankfully it's only 1-2lb fluctuation to deal with.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN