Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
This is why I don't buy anything from street vendors!
by Anonymous
June 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Every year, twice a month, my town does a HUGE Farmers Market. We do this even in winter. It has always been a big hit, and people around here love it. We have never had an issue with any person or their items they were selling.

Friday was the last day of the first of the two FM for this month. It was big hit, and we had hundreds of people come out to it. I personally never buy any of the fruits or veggies that are sold because a lot of the people that are in it now I don't know. I know some would say that its silly, but I'm just a cautious person, and with the way things and people are these days, can you really blame me? That, and I just don't buy anything from street vendors. Never have and never will.

I just got off the phone with a good friend of mine who works at a hospital in the next town over. Apparently, there have been a lot of people in the last couple days that have been rushed to the hospital due to being so sick. When examined, the doctors on call discovered that in all the people that were sick, they all had one thing in common: they all had the same exact things wrong with them, and when blood was taken, they all had the same thing in the blood : poison!!!! She asked me if we had bought anything at the FM, and I told her no, and asked why she asked. She said that everyone is thinking that these people are getting sick from some fruit or veggies that some sicko poisoned at the FM and people bought them. Because there really isn't anything that cops can do, they haven't been notified ( there isn't any way to track who brought what with them or anything ). Thankfully, she said that it isn't enough poison to kill, just enough to make someone very sick.

I told her that I would call a lot of our other friends and let them know, and tell them if they felt any kind of odd, to go to the hospital. She said that she had called some of them, and that she was going to call her family next.

I just can't believe that someone would do something like this! I mean we have held this FM for YEARS! Hell I remember going to it as a small kid and not even being able to reach some of the stuff. It's only a matter of time now before the FM is either cancelled completely, or monitored so closely it will be like being under a microscope. Now, because of one idiot sicko, something that this town, along with a few others, loves, is in jeopardy. I just don't understand people anymore.......why would someone do this?! I mean little kids bought fruit and stuff!

* smh * I just don't know anymore......

Replies

• starlight91
    June 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM

There truly are some wackos out there, I wouldnt doubt some of those wackos are on this site.

• hautemama83
    June 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    Meh that could happen anywhere. Shitty of someone to do, but people get sick from shit they buy in grocery stores constantly.
  • FoxFire363
    June 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    An amount of poison that isn't enough to kill an adult could easily be enough to kill a toddler or small child. How terrible. What kind of deranged asshole does this shit?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    June 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    I just don't understand how someone ( even a demented person ) could do something like that?! Everyone that does sell something at this FM knows that little kids will touch it, and since 80% of the items being sold are edible, everyone knows that little kids will more than likely eat it! I don't think we will ever know who did it, but I would like to know, just to force feed them some of their own poisoned food. Not enough to kill, just enough to bring them to the brink of death, but still be curable.

Quoting starlight91:

There truly are some wackos out there, I wouldnt doubt some of those wackos are on this site.

• starlight91
    June 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Hey its just like I dont understand how someone could go and shoot up a school. There really are some wackos out there ..

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't understand how someone ( even a demented person ) could do something like that?! Everyone that does sell something at this FM knows that little kids will touch it, and since 80% of the items being sold are edible, everyone knows that little kids will more than likely eat it! I don't think we will ever know who did it, but I would like to know, just to force feed them some of their own poisoned food. Not enough to kill, just enough to bring them to the brink of death, but still be curable.

Quoting starlight91:

• Anonymous 1
    June 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    Exactly!!!!

She did say, though, that ( thankfully) it has only been teens and adults that have been coming in. She said she isn't sure if little kids have been in or not, because she only works days, and through the week.

Quoting FoxFire363:

An amount of poison that isn't enough to kill an adult could easily be enough to kill a toddler or small child. How terrible. What kind of deranged asshole does this shit?
  • lovemysnugbugs
    June 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    What sort of poison?
  • Anonymous 1
    June 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    This was done on purpose by some sicko. This was not an accidental happening. It was fully intentional.

Quoting hautemama83:

Meh that could happen anywhere. Shitty of someone to do, but people get sick from shit they buy in grocery stores constantly.
  • gypsy_rose
    June 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    See what vendor everyone of the sick people bought from.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting starlight91:

• KanPsMommy
    June 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I'm going to play devils advocate here, but who says its deliberate? Maybe its from a young child selling some veggies he/she grew on their own without knowing that certain types of bug sprays contaminate the food, or possible grew it in contaminated soil. 

Wasn't there a big scare a few years ago about tomatoes because the harvesters didn't have a place to relieve themselves and were urinating near/on the fields and making everyone sick?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts