Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Connorsmommy13
Do your daughters know this?
May 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Photo 

So the picture of the dad holding the son in one hand and the gun in the other was hated...how about this one?

Replies

• AnastasiaKorsh
    May 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    ... protection does not have to come in form of a gun.
  • AliKatAK47
    I taught them on BB guns. I will teach them how to shoot real guns when they are older.
  • leximann

I grew up learning how to shoot in fact I wasn't much older than that when my father let me have shoot his rifle.  By 10 we were going out alone and shooting Rock Chucks.  As long as you teach your child that guns are not toys then its ok.

• BEXi
    by BEXi
    May 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Wooo hoooo! Im a huge gun safety advocate. Teach them young!

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    May 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM

My son does and I'm not happy about it.

• sugarcrisp
    May 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Whatever.

• mrssummerlin
    May 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
    Personally, my DH and I will teach all of our children to shoot and proper gun safety.

We start gun safety at 5 and go from there. Before that we just explain that guns are dangerous and not toys.
  • Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    May 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Nope. I've never owned a gun, used a gun or ever really been around one. I have no intention of teaching my kids how to use them.

If they'd like to when they're older, they can. 

• momma2b2008
    May 26, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Not yet but the will!

• chickieboom
    May 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    I grew up with them laying all over the kitchen table and in nearly every room of the house. It was never a big deal to me or my siblings. We knew that we could just ask one of our parents and they would take us shooting anytime we wanted. DS will be raised the same way. He's not quite 4 yet but in the next year or so I'll get him out there. In the meantime our guns are secured.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN