Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Groceries, home life and just full out FRUSTRATION
by Anonymous
May 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I am sure we have all been there, money is tight, kids are going absolutely insane, house is tore up and you can only handle so much. Yes, this is the point I am at right now. I am so frustrated because it's 2 weeks til payday and there isn't enough groceries in the house, I have enough for the kids and that is what is important but damn i'm actually pretty hungry. I have lived off coffee now for like a week straight, my kids are fed this makes me happy.

I am frustrated because there is a family reunion of sorts tonight, I don't have a car and my cousin is set to pick me up. Problem, I have no money and where as my parents offered to pay for me I can't in good conscience make them pay, for one they are in about the same shape that I am and two I have a lot of stubborn pride. Though it will be nice to go and get a break from the stress around this house and enjoy a couple hours kid free.

I am at my wits end with everything, I don't know whether I am coming or going and the depression just keeps getting deeper and darker. I have no support system, only thing that keeps me hanging on is my children. Even with their arguing they are still precious to me and I couldn't leave them in a messed up situation.

I honestly for once in my life have no idea what to do. I am usually the one who keeps it together, I figure everything out, I get stuff done and everything usually works fine, not this time around though. I don't know how much more I can possibly handle, I am being looked at to solve the problems of the house. I am trying to be strong for everyone that is here and yet I feel like pulling my hair out and screaming and just giving up.

So, that is my rant for the day, sorry if it seems whiny I am just frustrated and have no one to vent to. And please don't bash on me because really I have already bashed on myself enough for all of you women combined. Thanks for listening.

UPDATE: Thank you ladies for all of your kind words and support. Honestly, when I started this rant I dont' know what I was expecting. I have read your comments and will be taking your suggestions into serious consideration. I am tearing up over here with the support you have all shown. Thank you again.

UPDATE #2: Once again, I thank all of you ladies who were encouraging, I did infact actually go out and spend time with my family. It also helped me reflect on some changes that I need to make in my life to ensure that everything is taken care of. You have all helped inspire me and lifted my spirits I truly appreciate all of you who had kind words and advice to share!

Replies

• samanthabecker
    May 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM
    can you get fs? been there. just go to the family reunion and have a good time, let your parents pay for you to have a meal
  • littlesippycup
    May 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I am so sorry =( I would be really hurt if my child was hungry and didn't let me cover their meal. You need to go and just tell your mom and dad thank you. You know how much you love your kids, you're going without food so they can eat....your parents feel the exact same way. I hope something works out for you soon =( 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    May 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I started getting fs, but that's not enough, with my kids hitting growth spurts they eat me out of hose and home. TO be honest I am perfectly content with coffee, but I am scared to death I will run out and my kids won't eat. I feel like the worst mother in the world right now.

Quoting samanthabecker:

can you get fs? been there. just go to the family reunion and have a good time, let your parents pay for you to have a meal

• jbirdsladie27
    May 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM
    ((((HUGS))))
  • Anonymous
    May 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM

It's not uncommon for me to go without for my kids. I guess it's just all catching up. There is so much more stress now and really when they are asking for stuff and I can't give it to them, I truly feel like the worst mother.

Quoting littlesippycup:

I am so sorry =( I would be really hurt if my child was hungry and didn't let me cover their meal. You need to go and just tell your mom and dad thank you. You know how much you love your kids, you're going without food so they can eat....your parents feel the exact same way. I hope something works out for you soon =( 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Check out your local food banks? We're really tight as well. We mostly have nothing but pasta and bread in our cupboards right now and it will be another two weeks before we see another paycheck. DH's jackass of a boss was lazy and didn't approve his drive time and mileage in time for it to make it on this paycheck.

• littlesippycup
    May 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Oh sweetie, big warm hugs, I know that feeling. It's awful =( Please go tonight and get a break and something to eat. Have a good time and maybe things will look up or maybe somebody knows some way to help you and your babies. It's family, I hope they would help you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not uncommon for me to go without for my kids. I guess it's just all catching up. There is so much more stress now and really when they are asking for stuff and I can't give it to them, I truly feel like the worst mother.

Quoting littlesippycup:

• Anonymous
    May 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM

:( will he get the drive time and mileage on his next paycheck? I would raise a big stink about that one

Quoting Anonymous:

Check out your local food banks? We're really tight as well. We mostly have nothing but pasta and bread in our cupboards right now and it will be another two weeks before we see another paycheck. DH's jackass of a boss was lazy and didn't approve his drive time and mileage in time for it to make it on this paycheck.

• Anonymous
    May 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Thank you. I am hoping it does start looking up because I have no idea how much more I can handle. I am tired of being strong for everyone around me and have no one to be strong for me. :(

Quoting littlesippycup:

Oh sweetie, big warm hugs, I know that feeling. It's awful =( Please go tonight and get a break and something to eat. Have a good time and maybe things will look up or maybe somebody knows some way to help you and your babies. It's family, I hope they would help you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlesippycup:

• Tand4bears
    May 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Have you checked around to see if there is a discount grocery store? You can get so much more for your money, also start cutting coupons...you could turn into the next extreme couponer and end up having the grocery store giving YOU money back. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts