Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Making Meal Plans is Stupid!
by Anonymous
May 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I plan my meals. A month at a time actually. This way I can go to the store and know EXACTLY what I need to buy and when to use it. The weekly plans get hung on the fridge so I know what to cook DD for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Well, DS just started on Gerber 1st foods, about a month ago. He's up to five different foods (3 veggies, two fruits) and actually eats A LOT. His doctor said though, that since he shows that he's no longer hungry by pushing away the spoon there's nothing to be worried about and if that means feed him two containers, then so be it. He's not overweight so that's not an issue. Well my mom was over yesterday when I pulled ALL of the baby food out of the cupboard, and started stacking it and writing out a baby meal plan for next month so that when I go to the store next Saturday, I will know exactly how many of each to buy. I have over $50 worth of baby food that I bought at the beginning of the month (yes, I planned what I was going to feed him and when to introduce what). Apparently it's disgusting that I have that much food and it's CRAZY and STUPID to buy that much baby food at once. When I told her I do that with all my other food (minus things that I need fresh, like Milk or fruits and veggies) she got this appalled look on her face, raised her hands in the air and yelled "I raised a freaking idiot" as she walked out the door. Is this really as stupid as she says it is or is she overreacting?

Replies

• Hannahluvsdogs
    May 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM

She's overreacting.

• Toxic.Stardust
    May 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM

she's overreacting. I do the same thing, except two weeks at a time

• usmchoney
    May 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    I keep a meal plan too, not as strict, but I know how much we go through a month so I buy in bulk certain items as well.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM

She's the idiot. I bet you spend a lot less on groceries doing it this way.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Your Mom called you an idiot?  That's mean.  Meal plans are awesome.  They save you time AND money.

• mandaday
    I guess we're both stupid then.
    I can't figure why she would get so upset by it. Is she usually like that about things that just aren't how she would do it?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I don't have it in my nature to be so obsessive compulsive, but I wish I did.  She is overreacting.

• JulyBabies
    May 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I think it's more stupid to walk aimlessly around the supermarket putting random items in the cart, getting home and realizing that you have all side dishes and no main courses, etc.....which is what I do lol

• sweetmelissa777
    She is overreacting. I meal plan but only one week at a time as we cook with all fresh food. It saves time and money. I think what you are doing is great.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

DF is in the military and we don't live where he's stationed. He sends me a large sum at the beginning of the month, so I usually have to budget around that. He basically saves a months worth of pay (minus the things he needs) and then sends me the rest to pay our bills up here and stuff up here.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

she's overreacting. I do the same thing, except two weeks at a time

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts