Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
to all the mommas hatin on the junk food
by Anonymous
May 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
ive been reading a lot of anti junk food stuff on this site.
just curious what you all usually do for snacks or munchies
how about a healthy snack idea post. list some favorites in your house please

Replies

• joci2203
    May 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Here are a few things I do:

Apples and peanut or almond butter

I make my own homemade granola bars with flaxseed/omega 3 powder the kids love them, so does my son's baseball team:)

Yogurt, (I buy the big organic tub) and I let the kids sprinkle chocolate covered sunflower seeds from Trader Joes.  Makes yogurt fun:)

Cucumbers and ranch (my oldest's favorite)

Boil a chicken breast, make chicken salad, I do it in a variety of ways.  Today I mixed the chicken with mayo and apples.  I have also used avocado.  The kids get crackers and make mini sandwiches.

Homemade pop corn

Dried fruit

• joci2203
    May 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I also made my own "nilla wafers" from scratch.  I made them itty bitty. Took me awhile but it is a perfect snack for a toddler.  I added the flaxseed powder to those as well.

• blsdbyangel07
    May 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    Ummm.. granola bars, fresh fruit, cheese cubes, multigrain club crackers, yogurt, fruit crisps, poptarts(sometimes lol), goldfish, cherrios, trial mix, freeze pops, pudding cups, applesauce, graham crackers, cheezits, saltine crackers, cheetos, pretzels, popcorn and rice cakes.
  • notjstasocermom
    May 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

most are liars. lol

• momof6nokc
    May 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    All kinds of fruit, avocado with vinaigrette, carrots or grape tomatoes with ranch, Greek yogurt, cheese and crackers, popcorn, cucumbers, homemade pizza bites
  • Anonymous 15
    by Anonymous 15
    May 26, 2013 at 6:59 AM

*Sigh* I do let my kids eat junk food. I buy the naughty snacks and I buy the fruit too. I was buying cheese sticks and yogurt too for a while but I totally forgot. They do like those. Need to start buying those again. This post reminds me of that. My kids are picky and usually only eat strawberries or grapes and they aren't always in season. They do like bananas but not on a daily basis. You guys do remind me I need to try to get some more healthy snacks. :-) *sigh*

• MichLW69
    May 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    My kids are 10 & 16 and like a variety of things. Fruit
    Veggies
    Hummus
    Pop Tarts
    Yogurt
    Chips/salsa
    Anything "hot"
    Fruit snacks
    Nilla Wafers
    Graham crackers

They also have candy, soda, when I buy it and ice cream. Usually if they want that type of junk food, they have to use their own money. It gets them to think, "Do I REALLY want this?"
  • MichLW69
    May 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    What's summer porridge?

Quoting sheramom4:

I have a variety of snacks available. Everything from fresh fruit and veggies, hummus, string cheese, yogurt and summer porridge to fruit snacks, pudding cups and individually packed chips. Plus Hot Pockets and Muffin Tops. Different days the kids want different things or a combination of healthy and junk.

Our favorite healthy snacks are hummus, smoothies made with fruit and Greek Frozen Yogurt, summer porridge, and fruit and veggie trays.

• Anonymous 16
    by Anonymous 16
    May 26, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    We make our own granola, we have dried fruits and veggies(we love dehydrated okra), we don't eat processed foods. We are gluten and casien free.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN