Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
'old fasioned living'
by Anonymous
May 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I want to start doing things more 'old fashioned' like 50's era I guess. And would love some ideas. I've always been intreged by doing everything household wise myself and how they lived back then. Anything you can suggest is welcomed and appreciated. Btw I'm a sahm so I don't have to worry about working around a job schedule. I just need a list of chores etc thanks again.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    May 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    Bump
  • scarletmeshell
    May 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    Like give up your modern washing machine and coffee maker or microwave? Always have a dress on and make up and pearls when your husband gets home?
  • Liz132
    by Liz132
    May 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Why are you wanting to do this? I do a lot of things in a more old fashioned way to provide quality food for my family, to limit chemical exposure, to save money, and to be environmentally friendly. What you should do depends on why you are doing it.

• seemommyrun
    May 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Start by eliminating all independent thought from your head and practice saying, "Yes, dear".

• AmaliaD
    by AmaliaD
    May 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM

you could do speed.   in the 50's it was a common diet aide.   my gma was prescribed it by the family doctor.   she lost a ton of weight and had a lot of energy for all the housework.  no joke.   

• Mommy2b2many
    May 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM

How into this are you getting?

Basically 50's wives did ALL the housework: cooking; cleaning; laundry; taking care of children. And she was well put together when her husband came home. Then she waited on her husband hand and foot; making sure that he didn't have to worry about a thing except relaxing after work.

And don't forget the baking; and cooking was all from scratch :) Which is actually pretty fun

• PinkButterfly66
    May 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Throw out the flat screen tv, get rid of your smart phone, cable, internet and computer.  Get rid of all your permanent press.   Get rid of your microwave.   That should put you some what closer to the 1950's

• NorseGodessMom
    May 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM

dont forget the martini and a smile on your face

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Like give up your modern washing machine and coffee maker or microwave? Always have a dress on and make up and pearls when your husband gets home?

• PhoenixV
    May 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM

There are books about it. If you really want to do it you can find one in a library.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    May 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM

get rid of all your moderb conviences like cell phone; computer; microwave. And start cooking from scratch...

And always say "yes dear" to your husband... with a smile on your face at all times.

And and your children must always be quiet and presentable when your hubby come home

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts