Mom Confessions

Msgme
Does your husband have a say in how you dress?
by Msgme
May 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

My dh and I have been together a really long time.  22 years. For the past 22 years I have rarely worn a bra. Its just me and thats how I'm comfortable.  Most of the time you can't tell because of the type of shirts i wear. I do put one one when i feel i have to. Anytime i have to "dress up"  if i'm going to school functions or i'm going to be around kids and its noticible.    This has been me since the day dh and i met.  Out of no where last night he decides its not good that i don't and he tells me that I have to.  which led to a discussion on if he has the right to tell me how to dress as my husband.  I told him i"m 38 years old and old enough to decide what i wear.  He is not my dad.  I don't have one and my mother is passed.  How i dress is my perogative. I don't tell him how to dress. The other day he left the house dressed for work and came home in a tank top. All kinds of muscles showing.  Maybe i don't want him flaunting his muscles.  He of course only sees his side of the argument.

Replies

• Babujai
    by Babujai
    May 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM

My husband's opinion is important to me, but it's just an opinion.  He doesn't get veto power or anything.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I don't know but I really hate seeing a woman with her nips beaing out of her shirt. If that's ever you, it looks trashy. lol 

• kzuehlk
    by kzuehlk
    He'll see something occasionally that he suggests would be cute, but no, he doesn't have a say in how I dress
  • mom4awesomekids
    May 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I ask him his opinion on something I'm wearing but he doesn't tell me what I can and can't wear.

• jadsmummy
    May 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    Yes he has a say on parts of how I dress but veto power is mine :)
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM

My DH has a say but not ultimate control.  He is my husband and I trust his judgement and take his opinions into consideration when I get dressed.  If he thinks a shirt is too revealing, I usually go with his opinion because he is seeing me from a different view point than I am.  Since I am looking down at myself(we have no full length mirriors) I can see a lot of cleavage in almost all my shirts.  He sees me from straight on(the same way everyone else is gonna see me) and if he thinks too much boob is showing he is probably right.  

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    He doesn't tell me what to wear, but if he says he doesn't Luke something or he liked something I will listen to him.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    May 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    Not at all but he will tell me if something looks bad but will never make me change
  • Msgme
    by Msgme

Quoting Babujai:

My husband's opinion is important to me, but it's just an opinion.  He doesn't get veto power or anything.

I agree that his opinion is important.  Had he approached the topic with his opinion i may have been more receptive.

• mom2bahandcch
    My husband doesn't say anything. I wear what I am comfortable in. Although sometimes I do ask if you can see too much boob, I have 2 shirts that when I look down its all I can see, and I need a second opinion, lol.

Mom Confessions